This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Crossroads Community Church
Doylestown, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 12/28/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Crossroads Community Church is an exciting Bible-teaching church of over 700 people (and growing) located in Doylestown, OH. We are a non denominational (non Pentecostal), contemporary congregation building God’s kingdom by meeting people wherever they are in their spiritual journey and coaching them to become more fully devoted followers of Christ.
We are theologically on the conservative side; however, we are focused on being methodically relevant and current utilizing creative approaches of getting people involved in their relationship with Christ.
Our primary target is young families. We have thriving children’s and youth ministries which have been both growth elements and sticking points with our congregation. Our adult programs focus on worship, community and discipleship.
Our musical style is adult contemporary such as Chris Thomlin, Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, Paul Balouche, Hillsong Church, Fee, Jeremy Riddle, Lincoln Brewster… We have a “rock band” music arrangement. Our focus is to stay current while offering variety.
We currently have one service and plan on launching a second service at some point in 2010 due to consistently being over 80% capacity in our worship center.
We believe we offer a very unique opportunity for the right Worship Leader. This is not a start from scratch or turn around position. We have a solid team of volunteers with above average resources and equipment and a congregation that is hungry for the next level of worship. We believe in empowering our staff dream big and to lead their ministries to places where we have never been for the glory of God.
We are seeking a very specific individual and we are being very particular in our search to ensure we partner with the best possible ministry leader.
You are deeply and passionately pursuing Christ and His plan for your life. Your love for God and people is obvious and contagious. Your relationship with Him drives everything in your life. Your clear calling from God is to lead His people in Worship. You are a strong leader, action oriented, energetic, creative and relational by nature.
Required Skills and Experience::
• Must be able to read music and understand basic music theory
• Must play at least one instrument (guitar plus basic keys a plus)
• Must be able to demonstrate and coach vocal parts
• Must be able to recruit, train, and lead a volunteer staff
• Must have the ability to make decisions and work independently
• Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done
• Must be able to contribute leadership to the creative process of designing worship services which involves the use of thematic direction, staging, media and occasional dramatic elements
• Must have a minimum of 2 years full time ministry experience as a Worship Leader
• Must be computer savvy
• Knowledge of Media Shout or comparable worship media software
• Some technical audio/ video equipment system knowledge
• Ability to recruit through non traditional methods if needed
• Ability to lead multiple teams. You will be responsible for leading the music, media, tech/ lighting and creative teams.
You will have a well functioning, good foundation of teams in the worship department to build on. You will have freedom to make the changes and improvements you deem necessary to elevate the department to the next level. Only you limit your success here. You will be encouraged and challenged to dream big with teams behind you who want to help make your dreams reality. You will have a congregation who is hungry for a strong leader to grow them closer to God through corporate worship.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
You must fit the profile outlined above.
You must be able to provide a provable track record of success with references.
You must provide video samples of yourself leading worship and a photo.
Applications without video samples will not be considered.
Do not apply online through the posting site, such submissions will not be reviewed.
Visit our website at www.crossroadsonline.tv and review who we are and what we believe.
If our beliefs are in harmony and you wish to pursue the open position, please email your resume in MSWord or PDF format with a cover letter stating why you are responding to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Video can be a link if your video is available online, photo in jpeg is fine.