This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
EastLake Community Church
Chula Vista, California, United States
Date Posted: 12/23/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
San Diego church of 5000+ seeks full and part-time worship leaders.
If you like cantatas or bell choirs, don’t apply. We promise you wouldn’t dig working here. But if you love worship services louder, faster and funnier, this might be your next ministry move.
We are looking for Worship Leaders to serve as primary worship ministry coordinator at various video campuses and ministry venues on the weekend. As such, all details of team leadership and coordination for the execution of the service fall under this role, including instrumentalists, vocalists and technicians.
We are a volunteer-driven worship ministry. Paid staff positions are primarily facilitators of a broad base of unpaid workers. The Worship Leader role is one that develops and releases that resource with excellence.
Scope & Dimensions:
Principal worship leadership here influences the entire church no matter what venue you might be leading in. Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Music preparation of the service, working from the central planning document used across all campuses. Manage rehearsals and sound checks necessary to execute the provided service grid to the highest possible level of excellence.
2. Team recruitment and development for instrumentalists, singers and technicians.
3. Leadership oversight of set-up and tear-down regimen, if necessary.
4. Responsible for overall service vibe, in coordination with the Worship Pastor
5. Musical execution of the worship service(s), including lead vocal and worship leadership to the entire venue congregation
6. Campus Worship Team Care
Experience And Educational Requirements:
1. Adult worship leadership experience, preferably in large venues
2. Vocal/instrumental experience in other environments
3. Excellent organizational and communication skills
4. Ability to oversee diverse team of musicians and technicians