This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Global Outreach Associate Director/Pastor
Central Christian Church
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 12/21/2009
Categories: Missions Pastor - Outreach
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Global Outreach Associate Director/Pastor
Job Genre: Associate Pastor/Director, Outreach Pastor/Director, Missions Pastor/ Director, Missions Mobilizer/Trainer.
Team: Global Outreach
Reports to: Director of Global Relations
Supervises: Selected ministry teams and helps oversee our global workers and field partners.
Straight talk about the position (technical stuff later):
This position is for someone who believes or longs to believe that God is great enough to deserve our best. This position is for someone whose soul is restless because there are so many unreached people groups in the world. This position is for someone who believes that global efforts can be done much better. This is for someone who dreams or longs to believe that it is possible for a local church to send out more people than ever before, who go out healthier and more passionate than ever before, and who are equipped to see more fruit than most believe possible.
This position is for someone who believes that because of the awesomeness of God and because of His power that the our global workers and global effort should not be something that just survives, but instead something that thrives as the world stands by and scratches its head because it struggles to understand such vision, passion, and purpose.
This position is for someone who believes in and is willing to live out intense vision and leadership. This position is for someone who understands the value of long-range strategic planning. This position is for someone who doesn’t get scared, but instead gets excited in the face of big vision and difficult odds. This position is for someone who is willing to not only talk about an intense life for Jesus, but who is willing to live it out. This position is for someone who is willing to sacrifice—sacrifice years, tears, energy, time, and money for the kingdom of God.
Whoever this person is, we are also looking for the following mandatory things:
•A heart for Muslims.
•An intention to stay/live in the States (not planning on living overseas in the foreseeable future).
•A person who can truly be excited about Central’s global strategy and who can support and share that vision.
Whoever this person is he/she will work with the rest of the Global Outreach team to help create an increasingly globally minded church, full of globally minded believers, who are making a global impact.
We have a very aggressive global vision in place as a church. It is one that excites us at Central and we invite you to consider if you are the next person to be a part of our global team that is commissioned with helping to see this vision become reality.
This person co-leads Global Outreach alongside of the Director of Global Outreach and the other Associate Director/Pastor of Global Outreach. This person (along with the rest of the Global Outreach team) will be responsible for working with, recruiting, developing, and overseeing globally minded believers who will either 1) live Global lifestyles here in Arizona in such a way that they are making a global impact or 2) go overseas into Central’s focus area to make a global impact there.
• Global Outreach ministry teams (Specific teams will be divided among the Global Outreach staff based on staff member’s specific interest and abilities.)
• Actively raises up, develops, and oversees servant ministers for the teams.
• Works to develop and grow these teams for a maximum number of servant ministers to get involved.
• Develops the teams in line with the overall long-term, global vision at Central.
• Ensures that these teams stay focused on their specific niche and that they are operating in cooperation with the other teams.
• Willing to take active ownership in leading these teams and yet at the same time comfortable in developing servant ministers and handing off ministry ownership/responsibility to them.
• Global Outreach as a whole
• Works as a team player with the rest of the Global Outreach team. Thus owning not only your specific tasks within your teams, but also, seeking the overall success and effectiveness of the department. This will include helping with major events and high-profile activities within Global Outreach.
• Strongly understands, buys into, supports, and seeks to implement the long-term global strategy.
• Development of new long-term, global workers
• Takes ownership in the belief that new global workers need to be proactively recruited, trained, and overseen and thus along with the rest of the GO staff seeks to see this happen in line with our long-term vision.
• Regularly attends the Gathering events. (On average once a month).
• Works hard and with excellence in all job related activities.
• Job performance
• Demonstrates promptness and good attendance.
• Displays technical and organizational skills.
• Works hard and with excellence in all job related activities.
• Follows Jesus with great passion in all that you do. (Passion for Jesus)
• Like Jesus, seeks to do the work of God’s Kingdom in all that you do. (Passion for His Kingdom).
• In humility, seeks to be a team player and always willing to continually learn how to best serve God in the above two passions. (Passion to do it well).
• A continual growth in Christ is evident as you live out the above three passions.
• Seeks to not allow work to get in the way of the above three. If work is negatively affecting the above three, then you will meet with the Director of Global Relations.
• Regularly consumes God’s Holy Word. This would be roughly equivalent to completing the Bible every year or two.
• Effectively communicates through listening and providing constructive feedback.
• Provides factual information, expresses own thoughts and demonstrates credibility.
• Displays patience, tolerance, and consideration towards others.
• Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain working relationships with others.
• Encourages learning from mistakes rather than taking punitive measures.
• Creates an atmosphere of trust through collaborative partnerships in seeking and implementing solutions.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in the changing work environment.
• Seeks new alternatives and creative ways to meet organizational objectives.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
• Must be proficient in using computers.
• Must have full integrity in handling money.
• Must have full integrity in handling confidential information.
• Must have the ability to multitask.
This position is in an office setting. Sedentary work, with occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of objects weighing up to thirty pounds. Talking, hearing, seeing is required with occasional stooping, crouching and reaching being necessary. Position requires approximately 20% standing or walking and 80% sitting.