This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Madison, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 12/17/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Principal Function: The Director of Children's Ministries is responsible to the Executive Pastor for the oversight of children's programs, birth through sixth grade.
• Shall be responsible for recruiting, training and development of adult leaders who have a passion for shepherding and discipling children.
• Shall be the point-leader and responsible to provide direction, spiritual oversight, vision, strategic development, and coaching for leaders within the Children’s Ministries.
• Shall be responsible to develop a unified strategic plan that includes the following key areas: clearly defined values, mission statement, leadership development, evangelism, disciple making, worship, systematic Bible teaching, personal accountability, and ongoing evaluation.
• Oversee the development and daily implementation of the Children's Ministry budget.
• Provide 'hands-on' ministry modeling for adult leaders.
• Have direct oversight for the following key areas of ministry: Children's Sunday School, AWANA, Nursery, Summer Programs (VBS), and Special Events (Easter, Halloween, Christmas).
• Oversee leadership selection and training process, maintaining a high standard of excellence in those chosen for leadership. Perform background checks on all children’s workers.
• Serve as a liaison with Pastoral Staff and Ministry leaders to ensure that children are integrated into all church ministries as much as possible.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• College education preferred.
• Previous experience in Children’s ministry preferred
• Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
• Requires the ability to speak confidently before groups.
• Requires quality leadership skills.
• Requires exceptional administrative skills.
• Requires basic ability to use computer software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
• Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.