This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Morning Star Church
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 07/11/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Children’s K-3 Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the K-3 programming in Children’s ministry.
• Schedule Small and LargeGroup Leaders as needed.
• Recruit volunteers and place them according to their spiritual gifts.
• Hold curriculum planning meetings with K-3 teams.
• Attend weekly CM staff meeting; MSC staff devotional; and other meetings as assigned.
• Help motivate, mentor, and encourage ministry leaders.
• Work with CM Director to facilitate volunteer orientation and training events.
• Communicate with families and teams on a regular basis.;
• Review curriculum and gathering supplies needed for large and small groups, or work with current team to communicate what supplies are needed to do ministry from week to week.
• Help with planning and implementation of Children’s Ministry events.
• Other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Talents:
• Excellent communication skills
• Team Player
• Self Motivated
• Leadership Skills
• Understanding of MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel
• College degree in elementary education preferred.
• Experience in teaching and leading children and leading children’s volunteers required.
• Interacting, consulting, and being a resource for parents required.
• Previous professional experience in a similar role preferred.
• Understanding of the developmental needs of children preferred.
• Understanding of the spiritual needs of children preferred.