This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Baptist Church of Marshall, Michigan
Marshall, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 11/24/2009
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor: Marshall, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: November 5, 2009
Job Category: Senior Pastor
Education: Bible College graduate or equivalent
Minimum pay rate: unspecified
Maximum pay rate: unspecified
Job Type: full-time
Name of organization: Grace Baptist Church of Marshall, Michigan
Worship style: blended
Denomination: Conservative Baptist
Church size 50-100
Contact: Jim Rudolph, Elder Board Chairman
Church website: gracebaptistmarshall.com
Job Description: Position description/Pastor
• Be a gifted, formally trained and skilled expository preacher/teacher of God’s Word.
• Be an example in adhering to the doctrinal Articles of Faith and Practice, and The Policies and Procedures of Grace Baptist Church.
• Be a pastor of the flock to provide personal care and meet individual spiritual needs.
• Have a strong ability to shepherd and to motivate people to use their gifts and to apply God’s Word.
Personal (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9
• The qualifications for pastor, who is an elder, are delineated in I Timothy 3:1—7 and Titus 1:5-9. He is the responsible shepherd of the church. It shall be his duty to preach and teach: to administer the church ordinances and exercise oversight. He shall have supervision and direction over church and office staff. He may attend all committees as an ex-officio member. He shall advise all officers of their duties.
• He must prove himself faithful and able to guide others by managing his own household well; should have believing and obedient children.
• His wife should be a help and compliment for his ministry.
• He should have a good reputation both inside the church family and in the community.
• He should be irreproachable in his marital, financial and counseling relations.
• He should not be selfish, quick-tempered, violent, or overly interested in material things.
• A clear vision and philosophy of ministry that is in harmony with our church for growth.
• Demonstrate his ability to place a high priority on prayer and message preparation.
• Have an emphasis on explaining the meaning of a passage verse by verse with the clear aim of continuity and application.
• He should be approachable and exhibit strong pastoral care qualities.
• Be involved in training, equipping and disciplining others for the work of the ministry.
• Have a participative leadership style who works with groups to arrive at a decision, and that is willing to delegate work and tasks to others.
• Have a passion for sharing the Gospel and cultivating home and foreign mission opportunities.
• Graduate of an accredited Bible college or equivalent experience.
• Be willing to enhance his education through seminars, conferences and academic courses.
• Have at least 5-10 years of ministry, prior experience as a senior pastor or equivalent experience.
• Had exposure to secular work and background to relate to the experience of the congregation.
Church Summary Profile
Name: Grace Baptist Church
Address: 500 Cosmopolitan
City/State/Zip: Marshall, MI 49068
Contacts: Mr. Jim Rudolph, Elder Board Chairman
Telephone (269) 781-2765
Mr. David Palmer, Pulpit Committee Chairman
Telephone (269) 781-8082
Church and Community Profiles
Grace Baptist Church was founded in 2002. In the fall of 2003, Grace purchased a facility as a starter building which includes Sunday School classrooms, Fellowship Room, auditorium holding 110-120 people. Pews, piano, organ, and baptistery are included in this part of the facility. Audio/Visual equipment makes it possible for Church services to be broadcast by way of cable TV systems to the Marshall/Battle Creek areas. There is a pastor’s office as well as a church office used to store music and Christian Education supplies. Recent upgrades include building-wide carpet replacement and painting of various rooms. The building is handicapped accessible. Parking allows 40-50 cars.
Number of members to Grace Baptist is 56. Annual church budget is approximately $89,000. Average age of those attending is 65 or older. Younger ages are included, but limited in number. Many attending Grace Baptist are new Christians, learning the basics of Christian living. We have several single parents as well as couples of blended families. A full rage of programs and services are available (Sunday School classes, Junior Church, Ladies Bible study, Teen Bible study, and Wednesday prayer service). We help support three missionaries (two state-side, one foreign). Selected community activities are included in church outreach programs.
Fellowship: We are an independent Baptist Church with no affiliation with any national/state associations.
Finances: Average weekly giving is $1,100.00. Currently our only church debt is the building. Our annual budget has been met each year since 2002.
Personnel: A full-time pastor is needed (replacing previous pastor who has helped the church since it began in 2002) who loves the Lord and people of all ages. General qualifications: he should have a bachelor’s degree in ministry from an accredited college or university. He needs to have a servant’s heart; be spiritually mature; be an expositor/teacher, evangelistic in practice; have administration ability, and communication vision. He should be married with 5-10 years of ministry; senior pastoral experience is preferred.
Polity: Grace Baptist uses an eldership form of government. It is composed of a pastor and elders (currently two men) who are answerable to the membership. Elders act jointly in collectively leadership and share equal authority and responsibility, the pastor is recognized as ‘first among equals’. There is a Church Operations Board which meets monthly to conduct the business of the day to day issues of Grace Baptist. Elders focus is in the spiritual matters of the church.