This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Worship
First Covenant Church
Salina, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 02/05/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Minister of Worship Job Description
At First Covenant Church, we seek to 1) worship God for his sake; and 2) see each person view their very lives as an act of worship (Romans 12:1 & 2)
Corporate worship is the lifeblood of our Church and the heart of our individual relationships with Christ. Therefore, in our worship services, we strive to glorify and honor God with our talents and time, offering Him our very best. In addition, we aim to edify all who choose to worship with us. In our Church, the spectrum stretches from the mature believer to the spiritual seeker. We appreciate a variety and balance in styles of music, including traditional, contemporary and blended, as well as the worship arts. Our desire is that worship encourages congregational participation – an active response to God – and that individuals are transformed by the presence of the Holy Spirit.
FCC is a growing multi-generational church that desires to be a high impact transformative community by going deeper in our relationship with Christ and further in our mission to the world. We are looking for an addition to our pastoral team who embraces the mission and vision of the whole church and connects people to that mission through worship.
We are looking for someone who is multi-talented, highly relational, and a team player who has a passion for developing Christ-followers through worship. Outstanding candidates will have media available for listening and or viewing.
? A call in their life to be a Minister of Worship, and possess the appropriate spiritual gifts, such as worship, leadership, pastor / shepherd, and discernment / wisdom.
? Personal faith in Jesus Christ, personally modeling the heart of a true believer, seeking to develop this same heart in the Church body, and as evidenced by a balanced Christian lifestyle and work habits
? Commitment to spiritual and personal growth
? Evidence of the anointing of the Holy Spirit in leading worship.
? Team player with other staff and lay leadership
? Openness to and familiarity with worship elements from a variety of worship and musical traditions
? Agreement with the theological affirmations of the Evangelical Covenant Church
? Excellent worship leading and communication gifts and experience
? Biblical and theological training and competency
? Excellent vocal and instrumental music skills
? Bachelor’s degree in worship ministry or related field, or skill level commensurate with a degree
? Experience in worship related technology fields (i.e. audio, video, digital, etc.)
? Work experience in a church setting
? Ability to work with a team
? Excellent organizational skills including the ability to recruit, equip and motivate lay people to assist in planning, participating in, and leading worship services
Works closely with our Church staff and Board of Worship, but reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Worship Service Responsibilities
• Develop and manage, with the assistance of the pastoral staff, balanced Sunday worship services that glorify and honor God, and are an edifying experience both for our congregation, and those who are seeking Christ.
• Plan worship services consistent with sermon text and themes and discussions with Senior Pastor.
2. Worship Arts
• Recruit and provide ongoing training for worship teams (vocalists and instrumentalists)
• Build and maintain worship arts ministries (i.e. drama, visual arts, etc.)
• Develop Christ-Followers through the worship ministries of the church.
• Plan, direct and coordinate audio and video ministries
• Recruit and provide ongoing training for audio and video team members
4. Other Areas
• Regularly attend Sunday morning worship services and be a part of the service on the platform on a frequency deemed appropriate by the Worship Board and the Senior Pastor
• Attend and participate in Board of Worship, staff and congregational meetings
• General pastoral duties according to individual’s gifts and interests as well as our Church needs