This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part-time Children's Director/Pastor
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 11/19/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Part-Time Children’s Director/Pastor
Connections Church is a vibrant, thriving non-denominational church in Raleigh, NC.
Our part-time Children’s Pastor has felt the call to minister to the homeless and disadvantaged and we will soon have an opportunity to add to our team.
We’ve been growing at a crazy rate (about 250 adults and kids now) the last few years and need someone with energy and a passion for kids to join us in a part-time position with the possibility of becoming full-time.
That position would involve 10-15 hours a week and a workload of:
• teaching 3 Sundays a month to an elementary age group (we use a lot of video based curriculum)
• scheduling the volunteers
• meeting with the children’s ministry team (you’ll have great support) to plan events and share vision
We desire someone who is highly relational and has a similar philosophy about ministry as the rest of the leadership team.
• We care more about growing the Kingdom than growing our church
• We measure growth by conversations, not conversions
• We don’t see church as a refuge from the world, but a refuge for the world
• We don’t focus too much on getting people to come to us, but instead encourage our community to go to them.
• We don’t measure our church by the numbers in our community but instead by how much we are impacting the communities around us
You can check out Connections Church at www.raleighchurch.org
Please forward your resume and any questions to: