This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christian Heritage Church
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 11/19/2009
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
A minimum of an Associates Degree in Sound Production (or equivalent) and five years experience in live sound production. Education may be substituted with a minimum of seven years experience in live sound production. If substituting experience for education, applicant must have a minimum of 80 hours of additional sound and production related training.
Individual must be self-motivated and flexible. The position of Technical Director includes many regularly scheduled events; however, there are additional special events, productions, seminars, and concerts. Technical Director must be capable of managing a team of volunteers and production assistants and ensure all assistants are properly trained.
Taking initiative and preventative measures are absolutely crucial in the position of Technical Director. Excellence is pivotal and will require advanced planning and research for how to continually fine tune all areas of production. The Technical Director should seek to be proactive instead of reactive always anticipating potential problems and areas for improvement.
This position reports to the Worship and Creative Arts Pastor and will oversee all areas of sound production including but not limited to:
• Management—Oversee and coordinate the CHC Production Team in regards to scheduling, training, and weekly pay out (reported to Associate Worship Pastor).
• Administration—Responsible for all routine administration related to audio production and those tasks assigned by the Worship Pastor (e.g., requisitions, time sheets, sound assistant time sheets, work plans, etc.)
• Front of House Audio—Oversee and/or coordinate front of house mix for all services and special events. Ensure all technical aspects of a service are prepared and operating properly.
• Monitors—Oversee all monitor mixes and ensure there is a trained operator to operate monitor console at each service and special event.
• Media Reproduction—Coordinate reproduction of media products that are sold.
• Equipment—Responsible for the inventory, maintenance, repair, and rental (when necessary) of all CHC Audio equipment. Must know where equipment is at all times and ensure proper set up for various events.
• Special Events (Productions, Concerts, Special Guests)—Responsible for ensuring proper staffing and set up for all special events in regards to sound and staging. Technical Director will produce a needs assessment based on each event and coordinate rentals of necessary equipment for special events.
o Concerts/Special Guests—Technical Director is responsible for coordinating with concert personnel and special guests to ensure all sound and staging needs are accommodated within reason.
o Productions—Responsible for all sound and staging needs necessary for CHC Productions.
• Training—Must attend a minimum of 60 hours of training per calendar year to stay up to date on advanced technologies relating to sound production, monitoring systems, lighting, and specifically church-related sound training. This equates to approximately four week long trainings per year. The Technical Director is encouraged to seek training in other technical areas in addition to audio production (e.g., lighting, stage design, etc).
• Production Assistants—Ensure all production assistants are fully trained for the area they are assigned to. Coordinate team trainings to ensure everyone is advancing with the progression of the church and the team.
• Spiritual Leadership—It is important to note this position is more than a “gig.” Worshipping God with all that we have is imperative no matter the role. In addition to technical responsibilities, the Technical Director is responsible for setting the spiritual tone for the Sound and Production Team. This area of the Worship and Creative Arts Team must be spiritually prepared in addition to technical preparation. All team members will be required to take an attitude of ownership and responsibility which must be first demonstrated by the Sound Engineer. Additionally, the Sound Engineer and assistants are to participate in weekly services as much as possible.