This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Christian Church
Anaheim, California, United States
Date Posted: 11/16/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Note: Southern California Applicants highly encouraged, as WE DO NOT PROVIDE RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
This position is responsible for the development, execution, and oversight of all ministry programs for our youth in grades 6 through 12 as well as undergraduate college students. Such ministry programs range in size from one-on-one discipleship to a large, mid-week worship service. Major responsibilities include the following (not necessarily in order of priority):
1. Plan, guide, and direct a midweek Youth worship service.
2. Provide opportunities for Youth to be involved in intensive Bible study in small groups.
3. Offer an array of camps, retreats, and activities to help fulfill the five purposes of our church: worship, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism, and community service.
4. Be involved in personal discipleship with Youth on an ongoing basis.
5. Recruit and train volunteer leaders to assist in the ministry and add them to C.C.C.’s Leadership Community.
This position temporarily reports to the Senior Pastor. All staff ultimately are accountable to our church Overseers (Elder Board).
The Youth Pastor must be an adult and must have:
1. A strong personal faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior and a firm conviction that He is the only way of salvation (John 3:16-18, Acts 4:12).
2. Demonstrated his or her faith in Christ by choosing to be immersed into Him (Acts 2:38).
3. At least 3 years of direct ministry experience with teens, as a paid staff member serving 50 students or more. Preferably in a suburban environment.
4. A willingness to affirm and uphold C.C.C.’s Statement of Faith.
5. A Bachelor of Arts degree in church growth, youth ministry, or other related field of study.
6. Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively work with a diverse group of ministers, elders, youth, volunteers, and support staff.
7. A solid, stable, Christ-centered marriage and family (if married).
8. A willingness to be accountable to the organizational structure of the church, demonstrated by supporting and fulfilling the administrative components of the job, including managing a departmental budget.
9. A willingness to take initiative in accomplishing tasks.
10. A willingness to assist the Senior Pastor to help fulfill the vision of the Church.
11. Ability to build and lead Volunteer Leadership team, in order to raise up students that will take their place in the church after graduation.
12. Ability to relate to a de-churched community, with un-churched children.
13. Willingness to unite with other ministries toward common causes, and also to provide the opportunity for intergenerational interaction
14. Help to make a good missional church into a great missional church.
15. Provide opportunities for students to serve in various service projects throughout the year (i.e. missions trips, community service projects, etc.)
To function effectively in this role the Youth Pastor should have:
1. Gift of leadership, to motivate the teens and their leaders to follow his lead as he follows Christ’s.
2. Gift of teaching to help youth understand and apply Biblical wisdom to every aspect of daily life.
1. Heart and exposure to and for kids of suburban environments.
2. Committed to sound Biblical teaching.
3. Open, available, caring.
4. Able to acknowledge inabilities and recruit others to supply what is lacking.
5. Demonstrates spiritual maturity-- more mature than the students and an example to the staff.
6. A deep desire and passion to see students who are distant from God become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
7. Strong pastoral (shepherding) heart to help nurture and support youth through stages of emotional and spiritual development.
1. Able to plan long and short-term projects/events in an organized fashion.
2. Aware of and sensitive to issues of safety.
3. Excellent communicator, particularly to parents.
4. Able to establish rapport with parents and church staff-- full team player.
5. Able to follow through on managing all aspects of the Student Ministries program underway.
6. Development and/or delivery of organized curriculum for all students.
7. Can develop the leadership abilities of the youth under his direction.
8. An ability to work as a team with our other youth and children’s ministry staff.
1. A person of integrity.
2. Fun, flexible, passionate.
3. Able to foster appropriate parental/mentoring relationships with the youth.
4. Has a great deal of common sense and practicality.
5. Understanding of the unique challenges and pressures faced by today’s students, and an ability to relate the message of Christ to the daily issues faced by students today.
The Youth Minister is responsible to oversee programming that fulfills six purposes of the church in relationship to:
I. Midweek Program
II Sunday Morning Classes
IV. Overall Discipleship
V. Team Building
2. Volunteer Leaders
VI. Integration of youth into the overall ministry of the church
Please submit a resume, cover letter and picture (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (714)777-6853