This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
West Valley Presbyterian
Cupertino, California, United States
Date Posted: 11/12/2009
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
The position for Office Administrator is a 25 hour per week position that seeks an individual who has excellent interpersonal skills as well as a working knowledge of online procedures/programs that will enhance the church’s ministry and assist in planning, resource development and ongoing outreach to the community.
The Office Administrator will work from 9am-2pm in the church office and his/her primary responsibility will be to assist the Pastor and Director of Music. This person should be able to do the following tasks:
- Set up online registration for events
- Keep the office organized, staffed properly with volunteers and running smoothly
- Set up a complete directory online for church participants
- Work with and use CMS membership software to manage WVPC addresses, participation records, attendance records, name tags, etc.
- Work with and use Microsoft Publisher for production of bulletin
- Work with and use Excel for organizational clarity
- Be familiar with internet services and familiarize him/herself with available services, such as the Google Calendar that can be a part of the church website, etc.
- Be an active participant with the Web team, able to offer suggestions and contribute regularly and substantially to the creation of a new look and feel for WVPC.
- Be familiar with Easy Worship or similar church presentation software and be able to be a creative partner with the Director of Music in determining the style, look and feel of projected slides.
Other Requirements and Duties:
The Office Administrator shall be a person who loves people, is flexible and welcoming, demonstrates a positive attitude, and is committed to Jesus Christ.
Must be able to multi-task, take initiative, and be a creative partner in a small staff environment.
Schedules rooms with church members and outside groups and provides other necessary administrative oversight for copier, printer, computer needs and office supplies.
Must demonstrate an ability to follow through on a given assignment thoroughly - not simply just do the work required. Must understand the implications of certain programs/projects and take the necessary steps to insure that an event/idea/worship service flows smoothly, in a setting where multiple agendas from volunteers must be monitored carefully.
The Office Administrator is responsible for creating a list of volunteers who can cover the phones during the 9am-2pm period, and also between 2-4pm so that phones can be monitored throughout the day. The current list of individuals needs to be expanded so that people can switch with others easily, have more options, and shorter shifts.
Meets weekly with the Senior Pastor and other appropriate staff members to communicate and collaborate.
Oversees the clean-up/sexton services at the church.
If interested in this position, please contact Sally Leonard (Personnel Committee) at email@example.com