This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Congregational UCC
St. Joseph, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 11/12/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
+ To fulfill your God-given call as Pastor of Youth and Education with the people of First Congregational United Church of Christ in dedication and commitment to Jesus Christ.
+ To take responsibility for personal spiritual growth (maintaining spiritual disciplines in your own life) and professional growth (networking with others, attendance at seminars and workshops, and reading).
To provide support and resources for the Board of Christian Education.
* Support leadership development within the board.
* Evaluate and provide curriculum (in conjunction with ministry leaders).
* Share philosophy of ministry and vision with board.
* Encourage and check-in on board members.
Provide leadership and vision for Wednesday night Middle School Youth Ministry.
* Work collaboratively with students, parents, and volunteers.
* Schedule/organize service opportunities and fun trips.
* Prepare lesson/games for youth.
Build relationships with High School Students. With the intention of holding a weekly meeting.
Organize and plan a week-long youth mission trip.
Other opportunities based on the gifts of the applicant: preaching, leading worship, development of an alternative/contemporary worship service, pastoral care, etc.
Considering college grads and seminary grads
Compensation (pay and benefits) depends on education and experience. The range above needs qualifying.