St. Paul’s Congregational Church is seeking a dynamic and visionary team leader who can grow and mobilize our body of believers to effectively implement our mission statement: To be the heart and hands of Christ in our community and beyond.
We are a servant hearted and loving congregation. God has given us a beautiful multi-purpose facility located in a prime community location. St. Paul’s is an established and financially stable church, with approx 275+ regular attendees.
Are you gifted as a pastor to work both strategically and collaboratively with staff, board, and congregation member to see our mission statement become a reality?
A complete role description can be found on our website (www.spcchurch.com). Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume. The Lead Pastor is responsible to cultivate the overall spiritual fervency of the congregation.
He is to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and to submit to the will of God in order to achieve those purposes that God reveals. He is to provide leadership while working to inspire the church to excellence in life service and witness in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Lead Pastor should allot time to the development of evangelism and discipleship.
He is an ex-officio member of the Board of Elders and may be an ex-officio member of the Ministry Action Teams. The Lead Pastor will also maintain an active role on the Worship Ministry Action Team. He will oversee the duties and responsibilities of the Associate Pastors. He will uphold the constitution of St. Paul's.Primary Duties & Responsibilities / Preaching and Worship:
* Preach regularly
* Decide, after consultation with Associate Pastors, the Worship Ministry Action Team, and in keeping with the leading of the Holy Spirit, the themes for sermons and the manner in which the services will be conducted. While he will be the primary preacher/teacher he will ensure that there is full utilization of the Associate Pastors and the gifts and talents available within the fellowship of St. Paul's.
* Ensure the administration of the Sacraments, special services, weddings and funerals with the assistance of and in consultation with the Associate Pastors.
* Ensure that all Preaching and Worship duties are covered by a qualified replacement during planned absences.General Pastoral Activities:
Participate as needed in:
* weddings and marriage preparation
* infant dedications
* communion servicesLeadership:Oversight of Staff:
* Provide overall guidance and support to the Associate Pastors and motivational leadership to allow them to grow in their walk with the Lord and develop their spiritual gifts to fulfill the ministries to which they have been called
* Develop effective management techniques to ensure the Pastoral Staff are kept informed, provided with direction in carrying out of their assignments, given counsel where their performance requires it and ensure their activities are consistent with the church vision
* Give leadership to staff meetings Vision Development and Implementation:
* With the Board and other pastors seek the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit to discern the specific vision for the ministry of St. Paul's
* Articulate and cast the vision to the congregation in a fashion that will be easily understood
* Ensure all members are familiar with the Biblical and experiential basis for the vision and its application in St. Paul's and beyond
* With the Board and other pastors develop and carry out a plan whereby this vision can be integrated into the activities of the church
* With the Board and other pastors undertake periodic reviews of the vision and its implementation and adjust as necessaryBoard:
* Attend and actively participate in Board of Elders meetings General:
*Foster a healthy and spiritual working relationship between staff, volunteer leaders and elders and facilitate Christ-like resolution of issues that may arise
* Provide "management by walking around" to stay in touch with the grassroots members and ministries of St. Paul'sProfessional Development:
Utilize professional development leave to:
* undertake study to increase understanding of the Scriptures
* engage in continuing development of leadership skills and abilities
* spend protracted times in prayer and meditation to maintain and refresh his relationship with the Lord, and to wait on the leading of the Holy Spirit.Education and Experience
* Must have a minimum of 5 years ministry experience, including preaching experience
* Must be a strong leader
* Must be qualified to be credentialed by the Congregational Christian Churches of Canada
* Must have proven skills in conflict resolution and people management
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must be a team player with integrity, have a strong work ethic, and have the heart of a servant leader
* Experience in mobilizing and raising lay volunteers and leaders is desirable
* Must be willing to accept and adhere to St Paul's Statement of Faith and Constitution
* Possession of a post secondary religious educationQualifications
* Spiritual Maturity and Vitality
* Our Pastors must meet all the biblical qualifications for church leadership. He or she will need seasoned faith and maturity as demonstrated by many years of consistent and faithful Christian living and service in the home, the Church, and the community.Personal Maturity and Ministry-Congruent Character
Our Pastors must be emotionally healthy, resilient, constructive, and wise, demonstrating the personal qualities that mark strong leadership and durability in ministry. He or she will require strong interpersonal skills and should be recognized as a servant-leader. Family Alignment
If applicable, it is essential that the pastor's spouse and family share ownership in his or her pastoral calling and in his or her work at SPCC. It is essential that he or she be able to balance wisely the responsibilities of home and ministry.Ministry Calling and Gifting
Our Pastors should be able to verbalize a sense of God-given calling to a vocation of Christian ministry. He or she must have gifts that are strategic to the fulfillment of the position description: leadership, exhortation, preaching, and teaching.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
The Lead Pastor reports to the Board of Elders through the Personnel Committee and is accountable to the congregation through the Board of Elders.Here is the process for submitting your name for consideration:
* Review the job description above.
* Evaluate your qualifications and fit for the position based on the job description.
* If interested in the role or have any inquiries, email your resume to email@example.com