This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Colorado Springs , Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 10/28/2009
Categories: Executive Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Radiant Church, an exciting Spirit-filled church in beautiful Colorado Springs, is seeking an Executive Pastor. Individual should possess a proven track record of at least five years of pastoral, business or non-profit management experience. Capabilities should include relational, organizational and administrative skills. The role has some flexibility depending upon the candidate. It could either involve a teaching role or a more extensive financial role. Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Radiant Church is essential. Baccalaureate degree is required. Radiant Church has two campuses in Colorado Springs. Interested applicants should send resumes, references and philosophy of ministry to: Radiant Church, 4020 Maizeland Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80920, Attention: Executive Pastor Search; or e-mail to email@example.com. Further information about the church is available at www.radiantchurch.org.
Executive Pastor Job Description
The Executive Pastor is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the vision of Radiant Church. This role includes supervising all administrative staff, and overseeing stewardship in all matters pertaining to Radiant Church, including finances and facilitating all administrative functions of Radiant Church. As the chief operating officer of the church, the EP is responsible for coordinating and integrating all the ministries and operations of the church.
II. Principal Responsibilities
Vision Development and Implementation:
• Ensures that executive staff ministry plans are developed and achieved.
• Assists executive ministry staff in developing detailed strategic plans.
• Manages the staff to accomplish the delivery of these plans.
Staff Recruitment, Retention, and Development:
• Identifies staff needs corresponding to the growing and/or changing needs of the church body.
• Manages an organizational structure that supports the vision and ministry plans of the church.
• Assists executive staff in recruiting and staffing their departments.
• Oversees the creation of personal development plans.
• Administers the church’s performance management program.
• Responsible for the definition and/or development, implementation, and ongoing support of leadership and pastoral skills training programs for staff. It is expected that these programs will be a combination of both in-house and external programs that will provide individual development for staff in both leadership and pastoral skills. These programs will be consistent with the vision of the church and with the priorities set for the church as defined by the Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) and the Deacon Team.
• Oversees all performance coaching and participate in all disciplinary actions involving paid church staff.
Budgeting and Finance:
• Works with the Senior Pastor and the Finance Manager to oversee the church’s finances, including the following: the priorities as defined by the SLT, the Deacon Team and membership of Radiant Church; the development of the annual budget; the monthly budget reviews with executive staff; and the regular reporting of budget performance to the Deacon Board and to the church membership.
• Holds executive staff accountable in all budgetary matters by holding regular budget performance reviews, and by reviewing exceptions to budgets and granting approval according to the established guidelines.
Building and Facilities:
• Oversees the maintenance and management of the church building and property, including the custodial and housekeeping staff.
• Oversees any necessary repairs, upgrades and improvements to the church building and property, according to the established financial guidelines.
Impact Director (Missions):
• Director of the Impact quadrant of Radiant Church.
• Oversees the marketing department.
• Oversees community outreaches.
• Oversees the global missions department. This includes serving on the Missions board and coordinating short-term missions trips.
Preaching and Teaching (Optional)
• Would be the primary replacement speaker in the Senior Pastor’s absence. Would also have ample opportunity for preaching and teaching in the mid-week service, as the schedule of the Executive Pastor allows.
Workplace Policies and Procedures:
• Oversees the workplace policies and procedures and is responsible for ensuring consistent application of these practices for all employees.
III. Working Relationships
• All non-pastoral staff is directly accountable to the Executive Pastor.
• The relationship between the Senior Pastor and the Executive Pastor will be one of mutual accountability.
• The Executive Pastor personally oversees the Finance Office staff, the custodial and housekeeping staff, and an administrative assistant.
• Meets regularly with the Senior Pastor.
• Ensures the vision of Radiant Church is moving forward.
• Turns in an annual personal development plan and ministry plan.
• Oversees staff retreats.
• Is actively involved in discipleship and mentoring.
• Provides pastoral care for the congregation as needs and opportunities arise.