Aboite Baptist Church is an independent, evangelical church affiliated with the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches located on the southwest side of Fort Wayne, Indiana, which is an increasingly diverse suburban area.
The Minister of Worship and Student Ministries will be charged with overseeing an already established youth ministry as well as coordinating and leading music for corporate worship.
Minister of Worship: As Minister of Music, he should lead and encourage the congregation in its corporate worship of God, toward a fuller expression and experience of God's grace and glory. Music should be done with excellence and skill, while not failing to keep our worship rooted in the Word of God, shaped by the Gospel of Jesus Christ and directed toward magnifying the greatness of God. We pursue a blended worship in order to express (and benefit from) the historical, generational and cultural diversity of the body of Christ. He will be responsible for:
(1) Coordinating worship (recruit, schedule, rehearse, lead musicians)
(2) Plan Sunday morning worship services in cooperation with the senior pastor.
(3) Lead music in worship services each Sunday morning.
(4) Coordinate special music (develop, select, schedule).
(5) Direct seasonal choir/ensemble (ability to lead in this area preferred).
(6) Work with audio/visual operator (sound, projection).
As Student Minister, he will serve the junior and senior high students in a complementary role to their parents' spiritual leadership, while serving those parents as a catalyst and resource for their spiritual leadership of their children. This ministry should reflect the mission of the church in making disciples of Jesus Christ through a balance of outreach, Bible teaching, service and fellowship. Additionally, he will serve as the Awana Commander and facilitate the administration and spiritual development of that ministry.
(1) Recruit and develop a team of adult leaders/helpers for the youth and Awana ministries.
(2) Develop/oversee/advise both ministries.
(3) Plan and lead youth ministry meetings.
(4) Be available to youth for personal discipleship and/or counseling.
(5) Plan and lead special events (outings, retreats, etc.)
(6) Plan and lead the youth in doing ministry (service projects, mission trips).
(7) Develop a follow-up ministry to families whose children are involved in the Awana ministry.
He will possess:
(1) A clear testimony of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
(2) An unreserved commitment to the inspiration and authority of the Scripture.
(3) The leadership requirements found in 1Timothy 2,3 and Titus 1 for that of an Elder.
(4) Disciplined habits that promote personal spiritual growth and maturity.
1. He will affirm and support the doctrinal and vision related beliefs of Aboite Baptist Church.
He will possess...
(1) Leadership and administrative abilities that have been demonstrated in previous youth and music ministries.
(2) An ability to work within a team and demonstrates a teachable and humble spirit.
(3) A four year degree in bible or a related field.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Pastor of Discipleship and AdministrationNexStep Coaching and Consulting
- Tracy, California
- January 6
Minister of Contemporary Worship & Young AdultsFirst Baptist, Wilmington
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- January 4
Executive Director, ChristChurch PresbyterianChrist Church Presbyterian
- Atlanta, Georgia
- January 3
Aboite Baptist Church
Aboite Baptist is an indendent, evangelical church affiliated with the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches and the Crossroads Fellowship in Indiana. We are located on the southwest side of Fort Wayne, Indiana, which is an increasingly diverse suburban area. More...