This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Friendswood Community Church
Friendswood, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/20/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Friendswood Community Church (FCC) is a non-denominational church that purposes to “introduce people to Jesus Christ and help them become fully devoted followers of Him." FCC is a member of the Willow Creek Association with a weekly attendance ranging from 1,500-1,900. We believe strongly in utilizing the arts and creative communication to build a Biblical community where it is safe to “come as you are” and allow the love of God to transform lives.
We seek an individual to join our FCC Student Ministry (FCCSM) team and play a vital role in impacting the students in our community. FCCSM provides unique and separate comprehensive ministry experiences to 100+ junior high students (7th & 8th grade) and 150+ high school students (9th-12th grade). This position ministers to both junior high and high school students as part of a gifts/strengths based ministry team with the primary focus being: teaching, missional programming, events/trips, & student leadership.
• Dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior as demonstrated by a commitment to living and
modeling a lifestyle of godly integrity and humility
• Flexible, dedicated, dependable and highly self-motivated personality
• A proven track record of being a team player as demonstrated by his/her ability to work with others to achieve a singular
mission and commitment to the team process
• A proven track record of commitment to being a life-long learner as demonstrated by a willingness to be
moldable/teachable and be stretched by new concepts or out-of-the-box thinking.
• Demonstrated passion and ability to facilitate the spiritual introduction and growth of students
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of full-time experience in large church (1000+ in weekly attendance)
student ministry programs
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interface with students, parents, volunteers and
• High level teaching gifts (dynamic, creative, and Biblically sound)
• 3-5 years experience planning, coordinating, and implementing events and trips of 30+ students
• A working knowledge of basic computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Mail, etc.) required.
• Experience with design elements for student ministry (logos, t-shirts, flyers, website, design software - Photoshop,
Illustrator, In Design, Final Cut, etc.) preferred but not required
• Spend time daily in prayer for students and leaders.
• Participate with the FCC Student Ministry team to strategically develop, organize, implement and supervise all Student
Ministry programs, activities, trips and events.
• Lead in the development, implementation, and organization of a comprehensive (local, national, & global) student service
and/or missional program.
• Lead in the development, implementation, and organization of FCC Student Ministry outreach programs, events and trips.
• Participate as one of the lead teachers for the weekly programs, SLAM! and Crash, that minister to junior high and high
• Recruit, train, support and encourage volunteers to ensure quality programs and effective use of resources.
• Contribute and participate in the visioning, planning, and implementation of the overall FCC student ministry.
• Participate in the development of the annual FCC Student Ministry budget and responsibly manage monthly and annual
expenditures for events, trips and missional programming.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students and parents as needed.
• Maintain communication with students and parents, keeping them informed of all ongoing programs, activities and events.
• Participate and serve as an integral member of FCC staff and leadership team.
• This position reports to the Director of Student Ministries who is a direct report to the Senior Pastor
:: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ::