This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Outreach and Evangelism
Trinity Church of the Nazarene
Monterey Park, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/22/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Church of the Nazarene
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Develops and leads efforts to inspire, mobilize, and equip the church in the areas of community impact and evangelism in accordance with the mission, vision, and goals of the church. Specific focus is ministry to the unchurched. Target groups include young families and next-generation (youth and children). Position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
SUMMARY OF CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as the Local Impact Team Leader, developing and directing outreach ministries and events to the unchurched in our community. Must be able to effectively mobilize the creativity, talents, and resources of the congregation and community.
2. Develops and oversees Newcomer Assimilation ministry, capitalizing on relationships built through outreach ministries and events.
3. Provides oversight, guidance, and accountability to Next-Generation Team Leaders (Youth/Young Adults and Children.)
4. Works with the Lead Pastor to develop a strong relationship between the church and its surrounding community, particularly with local public schools and at-risk youth/families.
5. Identifies, supports, manages, and equips those interested in local outreach. Leads by example and consistently trains and accompanies church members in personal and cooperative evangelism.
6. Mobilizes the congregation to be advocates for the marginalized – low-income families, addiction recovery, prison ministry, etc.
7. Provides pastoral care to those involved in outreach and evangelism ministries.
8. Serves on the Sunday morning preaching team on an occasional basis.
9. Attends workshops and conferences to stay informed on new and effective ways to implement outreach and evangelism ministries and shares such knowledge with others in the church.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Seminary education at an accredited university.
2. At least 3-5 years ministry experience.
3. Strong desire to impact local communities for Christ. Has the heart of an evangelist.
4. Takes initiative; able to work with minimum supervision.
5. Excellent people skills; able to relate to people from various cultures and backgrounds.
6. Demonstrated ability to encourage, motivate and support people towards a deeper relationship with Christ.
7. Effective communication and teaching ability, both oral and written.
8. Ability to motivate, manage, and lead teams of volunteers.
9. Ability to administer multiple programs simultaneously.
10. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, in order to reach the unchurched.
11. Strong diplomacy/conflict resolution skills.
Interested Applicants: Email resume and cover letter describing your philosophy of ministry, outreach, and evangelism to Pastor Albert Hung at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call the church office at (323) 890-4541 or visit the church website at http://TrinityChurchMP.com.