Parkview Church located in Iowa City, Iowa is currently looking to fil the Worship and Music Pastor Position.Worship & The Arts;
Parkview Church is all about the mission of seeing people enjoy a life changing relationship with Jesus.
In the Arts Ministry it is our passion to use all forms of artistic and technological media to support this mission.Vision Statement:
Parkview strives to be a movement of the Gospel through the University of Iowa, Iowa City area, and the world by developing servant leaders through personal conversion, community formation, and cultural transformation.I. Assumptions:
* We want a music and arts ministry that leads our congregation and community to
glorify and worship the Lord.
* We value diversity of artistic expression in both form and style.
* Utilizing and featuring the giftedness of our artists must always be balanced with a
high commitment to community participation.
* We want our music and artistic expressions to both stir our affections for God and
also instruct us in Biblical truth.II. Basic Responsibilities:
* Lead Parkview Evangelical Free Church in a process of continual rededication of our
lives to God through meaningful worship.
* Oversee the development and maintenance of the church music and arts programming
* Set an example of Christian character and personal growth.
* Adhere to the doctrinal position of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
* Read and adhere to the Policy and Procedure Manual of Parkview Evangelical Free
Church.III. Specific Duties:* Worship Service
1. Collaborate with the senior pastor and programming team in designing and
implementing the weekly worship services.
2. Oversee, either directly or through volunteer or staff directors, the following
aspects of the worship service environments including:
a) The look and feel of the physical environment (including visual arts, stage
installations, lighting, projected imagery, etc.)
b) The various musical and artistic programming elements within the service
c) The operation of sound and other technical media
d) Coordination with the ushers and communion teams* Arts Ministry
1. Recruit, coordinate and oversee:
a) A seasonal master programming schedule for worship leaders, music
ensembles, and artistic elements.
b) The various staff members within the arts and technical department.
c) The training and equipping of worship leaders for weekend services.
d) Feature musical and artistic elements that support and enhance the weekend
service teaching emphasis.
e) Musical and artistic productions/services during holiday weekends such as
Christmas and Easter.
f) Music for public worship functions, weddings, and funerals.
g) Vocal and instrumental ensembles.
h) Technical and theatrical creative expressions in worship services.
i) Occasional special concerts and guest artist appearances.
j) The Church Music/Arts budget.
k) The physical and digital storage systems for music. * Involvement in Church life
1. Be actively involved in the overall life of the church so as to maintain contact and build relationships with all age levels within the church.* Other Responsibilities
1. Any additional tasks assigned by the church board or senior pastor.IV. Accountability:
* Accountable administratively to the Senior Pastor and overall to the church board.
* There shall be a close working relationship with the senior pastor and other staff
members in the context of a team ministry. The senior pastor shall be consulted and
kept advised concerning important matters of program and policy. The minister of
worship and the arts shall be given considerable flexibility in expressing his initiative
and creativity in carrying out his responsibilities
* There shall be a performance evaluation conducted annually in the manner outlined in
the church personnel manual.To apply for this position please forward your resume and cover letter to Lisa Hollan