This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Pastor / Youth Pastor
First Asssembly of God
Tullahoma, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 10/20/2009
Categories: Other Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Tullahoma First Assembly of God is seeking a Minister of Music/Pastor of Student Ministries who will also have Outreach Ministry responsibilities to serve in a growing Pentecostal church family in middle Tennessee. Series inquiries only. No phone calls, please. Mail or email resumes. Position reports directly to the Lead Pastor. Duties include, but are not limited to:
As Minister of Music
1. Organize and oversee all music for worship services, including worship team, choirs, soloists and ensembles, instrumentalists and musicians.
2. Research, select, and maintain sheet music and lyrics for church music library.
3. Keep current with new materials, compositions, and styles.
4. Discern and cooperate with the current worship culture of the church, while introducing new material and songs.
5. Plan and oversee regular rehearsals and practices for musicians and singers.
6. Recruit and audition members for the worship team, choirs, special events, etc.
7. Supervise and coordinate those who serve in the sound booth.
8. Communicate regularly with Lead Pastor.
As Pastor of Student Ministries
1. Oversee the spiritual health and growth of all youth in 6th grade through college.
a. Prepare Youth Ministries budget for Board approval.
b. Set fundraising goals (Speed the Light, etc.)
c. Plan and direct fundraising activities.
d, Visit absentees and prospects.
2. Provide direction and supervision for all Youth Sponsors and Student Leaders.
a. Plan and direct off campus activities for Youth.
b. Coordinate with District and Sectional Youth leaders.
3. Direct and lead weekly Youth Services that will minister to students on their level.
4. Direct and lead Youth Worship Ministry.
5. Recruit and train Youth Sponsors.
6. Coordinate Youth Ministry participation in church community outreach events (Compassion in Action, Thanksgiving Outreach, Easter Outreach, etc.)
7. Plan and direct Youth Ministry mission trips and outreach programs.
8. Design and direct Youth Ministry discipleship programs, small groups, etc.
9. Interact with local school officials as representative of Tullahoma First.
10. Make hospital, home, and school visits as necessary on a regular basis.
11. Coordinate Jelly Drops and Care Team visits.
12. Officiate at funerals, weddings, etc. in the Lead Pastor’s absence or at his request.
1. Plan and lead outreach ministries (Compassion in Action, Thanksgiving Outreach, Easter Outreach, etc.)
a. Prepare event budget for Board approval.
b. Recruit workers. Lead planning meetings. Assign tasks.
c. Coordinate with businesses and vendors to provide needed services.
d. Supervise set up and clean up of events.
2. Research and develop outreach ideas for community events.
1. Must be credentialed through Assemblies of God.
2. Be submissive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
3. Maintain daily private devotions and prayer time.
4. Strive to maintain unity in the church, furtherance of the Kingdom, and expression of the Gospel.
5. Understand and support the vision and mission statement of Tullahoma First.
Send resumes to Tullahoma First Assembly of God, 1105 West Lincoln Street, Tullahoma, TN 37388
Or email to: rforrester@TullahomaFirst.org