This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director/Pastor of Worship Ministries
Pittsford Community Church
Pittsford, New York, United States
Date Posted: 10/16/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Worship Ministries at Pittsford Community Church will be a spiritually mature and motivated individual. He/she will have a biblical philosophy of worship that incorporates music, prayer, drama, and other elements in a creative way. He/she will be musically trained, possess an appreciation for a broad range of worship styles, and operate well in a church setting that values blended worship. This individual will work effectively with staff and volunteers in a team setting, ensuring that weekly worship services and occasional special services are planned and presented with excellence for the glory of God.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
The Director/Pastor of Worship Ministries is a mature spiritual leader who is the key staff person in ensuring quality worship, music and drama. This person will:
• Plan, organize, execute and evaluate worship, music, and drama ministries for the congregation. This will include planning for all regular services, seasonal worship, and special events.
• Provide staff leadership for the Worship Committee, Music Ministries, and meet regularly with them to set goals and encourage growth.
• Enlist volunteers and seek to expand worship, music, choirs, drama teams and other groups as needed to promote the spiritual life of the congregation and its members. Coordinate these efforts with the leadership and ensure that they support all of the church ministries.
• Schedule guest musicians and musical groups for both worship and special events.
• Oversee and recruit volunteers for technical and multimedia support.
• Administer the business affairs of the worship ministries including the development of its budgets, overseeing expenditures, and projecting capital purchases as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Agrees with the Pittsford Community Church Mission Statement and Articles of Faith.
• Bachelor’s degree in Music or Music/Worship required, Masters /Seminary Degree preferred
• 2 to 4 years experience leading Worship preferred
• Displays Christ centered ethics and values
• Inspires vision and purpose in others
• Demonstrates effective listening
• Relates well to all kinds of people
• Exhibits creativity and proficiency across a broad spectrum of worship and music styles.
• Possesses technical expertise in both music and multimedia
• Builds teams effectively
• Motivates and encourages others to use their spiritual gifts in the service of Christ.
• Gets things done through organization and administrative proficiency.