This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship & Production Minister
GraceDestin Lutheran Church
Destin, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 01/04/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH
WORSHIP AND PRODUCTION MINISTER
Our Mission at Grace: Because God has ignited a PASSION in us, we meet others on their JOURNEY and connect them to Jesus and His MISSION!
Our Desire in a Worship Leader: A person who hungers after and experiences the Presence and Power of the Holy Spirit among us in corporate times of worship, small group devotion, special holiday services, community outreaches and team practices and retreats. This is accomplished through celebrating God’s promised Presence among us and surrendering afresh to His designs for the moment. Will seek to enjoy God’s Presence without a performance mentality, but with humility before a gracious and loving God.
Corporate Worship is the time when God stokes our PASSION.
Small Group Teams, Practices and Retreats engage our people on their JOURNEY.
All this for the purpose of reaching out to more and more people on their journey, outside the walls of the church, with Christ’s passionate love so we can fulfill God’s MISSION.
Character: the Worship and Production Minister must:
• Relying on God’s unconditional love, fall in love with Jesus afresh each day.
• Be surrendered to the Holy Spirit each day and show evidence with the fruit of the Spirit.
• Desire and facilitate God’s Presence in Worship and Production more than Performance, and even more than Perfection.
• Work in harmony with and strive for the same missional purpose as the pastor and staff.
• Be grace-motivated, creative, organized, self-motivated, flexible, servant-hearted with an outgoing personality that is able to motivate others to serve with a humble, grace-filled heart.
Skills: the Worship and Production Minister will:
• Have earned at least a Bachelor’s Degree
• Have at least 2 years experience in any size church, not necessarily Lutheran
• Display keyboard/piano proficiency (organ proficiency would be a bonus)
• Have experience and enjoy leading choirs (of all ages), ensembles and praise teams
Responsibilities: the Worship and Production Minister primary responsibility is the lead the people of God into the presence of God by:
• Working with the Senior Pastor in planning worship services and outreaches
• Facilitating all choirs, including Senior, Junior and Children’s, as small groups and training sessions
• Facilitating the Praise Team each week as a small group and practice sessions
• Overseeing the Technical aspects of worship experiences (sound, video, cameras, etc)
• Working creatively within the culture of the congregation and challenge them to new levels of intimacy with Christ in our contemporary, blended worship style.
• Working with teams in place for altar care, ushers and greeters, banners, etc
• Leading the worship and production teams into more intimacy with Christ through retreats, small group activities, teaching about worship and spiritual warfare and God’s presence
• Overseeing the production of Thanksgiving, Christmas, Holy Week, Easter, Reformation, Pentecost, Patriotic and other Grace-specific High Festival Worship Days
• Being willing to coordinate with other churches and entities in the community for joint ministry and outreach.
• Being willing to be flexible to accept other responsibilities, outside of Worship and Production, in support of the mission of Grace.