This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Midway Baptist Church
San Diego, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/14/2009
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
MIDWAY BAPTIST CHURCH/SCHOOLS
The MBC Multi-Media Director reports directly to the Executive Pastor and is primarily responsible for the production of all creative materials, ensuring excellent standards are met. Works along side the Pastoral Team to develop ministry materials and assist in all visual planning.
PROJECTS (May include but are not limited to the following)
Brochures, logos, bulletins, print ads, flyers, posters, stationary, postcards, informational booklets, promotional displays, banners, packaging, signage, web management and multimedia graphics.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conceptualize and create multi-media design; pre-press production and schedule management; implement and ensure consistency in church brand as well as ministry communications; motion graphics, Final Cut video shooting/editing, and photography, provide in-house printing, trimming, folding, and binding services
• Meets with ministry directors to consider and evaluate project needs and objectives
• Develop multiple comprehensives for review and approval
• Communicate and direct design activities during project development through completion
• Manage multiple project workflow while meeting deadlines.
• Design/Technical lighting
• Audio/Visual Support for Services
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A Bachelor's degree and/or related experience, in a design studio, on a media team, an ad agency, or an in-house marketing department.
Broad understanding Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) Flash, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Intermediate understanding of other Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), Abode Acrobat, and Image-Ready
Basic HTML knowledge & skills
Should have strong presentation and project management skills, including :
- Ability to work closely with team to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Works well under pressure, handling several projects simultaneously with personal care and professionalism
- Confidence and know-how to manage projects independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills and a cooperative attitude in a team environment
- Able to develop strong working relationships with internal peers and ministry partners
- Strong typography skills, composition skills and color sense