This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Venture Christian Fellowship
Oceanside, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/03/2011
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Ministry is booming at New Venture Christian Fellowship!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Designer to join our ministry staff!
The Web Designer seeks excellence and efficiency in all areas and applications as together we go about the business of ministry with professionalism and exemplary stewardship. Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Arts & Development and in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders this vital role provides eclectic design and creative elements that sharpen and finely-tune New Venture’s ability to fulfill the church’s vision and mission as established by the Senior Pastor.
New Venture Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational church located in the community of Oceanside, North San Diego County. We competitively offer a benefit package that includes a variety of employee contributed health and dental options, discounted school tuition for children attending our private Christian School, and a leave program that includes vacation and sick leave, plus 12 paid holidays a year.
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume with position title Web Designer clearly indicated to:
New Venture Christian Fellowship
Attn: Search Committee
4000 Mystra Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Email: email@example.com; or
Fax: (760) 945-7900
• Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Design art and copy layouts for material for presentation by visual communications media for books, magazines, newspapers, Internet websites, television, and packaging.
Prepares materials manually or by utilizing graphic software to design and produce finished artwork or product.
Plans content, graphic aspects, and presentation of material, product, or service.
Ensures continuity of all designs.
Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and arranges layout based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles, and esthetic design concepts.
Draws sample of finished layout.
Prepares notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
Reviews final layout and suggests improvements as needed.
May key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
May prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material according to instructions of client or supervisor.
May prepare series of drawings to illustrate sequence and timing of story development for television production.
May mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
May specialize in particular field, medium, or type of layout.
May produce still and animated graphic formats for on-air and taped portions of television, using electronic video equipment.
May photograph layouts, using camera, to make layout prints for supervisor or client.
• Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• Passionate celebration and ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of New Venture Christian Fellowship and Schools.
• Ability to work flexible and /or overtime hours when required completing projects.
• Team player with leadership and teaching skills.
• Strong attention to detail, and must possess the skill set to take direction and constructive criticism well.
• High level of spiritual maturity, coupled with a strong knowledge of the Bible is a plus.
• A heart for ministry.
• Trait: “EEAA.” Engaging, Extending, Assertive, and Approachable.
• Strong verbal and writing skills. Mac and PC experience is required.
• Passion for doing God's work with 21st Century media is a must.
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, servant’s heart and a can-do attitude.