This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
International Bible Church
Los Angeles, California, United States
Date Posted: 01/13/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
*****Notice to applicants. We have changed the contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send all communique' to this email address.*****
Minimum Educational Requirement -
1) Master of Divinity from a Theological Seminary
Spiritual Requirement -
1) Acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Conversion Experience)
2) Baptized by immersion
3) Definite call to pastor a local church
We are looking for a mature man between 35 - 50 years in age, a U.S. -born citizen or a legal U.S. resident (preferably resides in So. California) who would love to serve the Lord in an inner city environment, who cares, loves and relates to all people of different racial and ethnic groups without stereotypes and prejudices, possesses a burning desire to teach the Word of God and win souls, and faithfully serve in the local church.
About International Bible Church
1) International Bible Church (IBC) is an evangelical (non-charismatic), non-denominational, multi-ethnic and cross-cultural church, lawfully incorporated in the State of California as a church. IBC was founded on March 5, 1972.
2) Membership is about 200. We hold 3 worship services at 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM as well as Wednesday Bible study and prayer service.
3) IBC owns commercial buildings which have been remodeled for church use.
4) IBC is a church in a highly mobile diverse community since most of the membership is comprised from Asia, Mexico, Central Americas and Africa.
5) The annual budget is about $250,000.
6) Currently, there are thirteen different nationalities in the church: Native Americans, White Americans, African Americans, Africans from South Africa, Zaire, Sierra Leone, Asian Indians, Filipinos, Chinese, Koreans, Mexicans, Salvadorans and Thai's.
7) We use Christ culture (to love, care and unite in the culture or our Lord Jesus Christ) to overcome the barriers in the different cultures and nationalities.
8) All services and meetings are in English.
1) The Pastor will serve together with our Board of Deacons and the Church Council.
2) Salary and benefits will be discussed in the First interview.
Please send us the following first:
1) Your resume outlining all education, work experiences as well as volunteer experience.
2) A brief statement of your doctrinal beliefs covering the Scriptures, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, Man, Sin, Salvation, Angels, Satan and Demons, Chruch, and the Last Things.
3) Your philosophy of ministry as a pastor of a local church and vision statement (what do you want to accomplish?) in serving the Lord at International Bible Church.
4) Send us a picture of yourself with your family along with a taped message of your most recent delivery (preferably an expository sermon) of your sermons to the address below.
5) The material we receive will not be returned.
6) When all the above documents are received, we will contact you. The Pastor search committee will then inform you of the next step.
Please mail to:
Pastor Search Committee
International Bible Church
P.O. Box 74250
3434 W. 1st Street
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Email - email@example.com