This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 10/08/2009
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Please complete an employment application on our website: www.northwestbible.org/jobs. Send your resume and the employment application to Tina Johnson at: email@example.com or fax: 214-265-1609. Thank you.
Reports To: Minister of Administration
Works with: Ministerial & Support Staff, Database Vendor and Congregation
Scope: To provide professional leadership and coordination for implementing and maintaining a database of church members and affiliates in support of the ministries of the church and to provide key data for strategic decisions.
Hours: 20 hours a week.
• Determine and coordinate all database administrative functions where needed including: the entry of data, establishment of groups, assignment of user rights, and development of fields and values in support of the ministry of the church.
• Maintain proficiency in all applications of the database, assisting where needed in the entering/editing of data and preparation/running of reports.
• Assist in the overall strategic planning of how the database is to be implemented in order to best serve the needs of the church in regards to: information needed by members as to their personal activities and financial transactions as well as opportunities for spiritual growth and involvement; information needed by staff members for event coordination and planning; and information needed by leadership for strategic decisions.
• Develop and enforce data integrity policies and procedures for maintaining a quality and well functioning database. Meet regularly with the data integrity team to establish those policies and procedures and to lead them in the editing of data where needed.
• Train all staff in the proper use of the database. Conduct one-on-one training as needed as well as regular large group training for growth and consistency.
• Recommend hardware purchases to the IT department to better support the database applications.
• Plan and administer the annual budget for the database functions.
• Assist once a month in the counting of monies and posting into the accounting system.
• Assist with various projects as assigned.
• Meet regularly with department heads to obtain feedback regarding how well the database is meeting their needs, as well as to brainstorm additional applications to serve their ministry needs.
• Serve as the information contact for individuals in the church relative to the database and their accessibility to their personal records.
• Serve as the primary contact to the database service provider.
Previous database experience required. Fellowship One database experience preferred.