This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Children and Families
Alliance Bible Fellowship
Boone, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 01/13/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Associate Pastor for Children and Families
Supervisor: The Associate Pastor for Children and Families will be a member of the pastoral staff and will report to and be supervised by the Senior Pastor on a day-to-day basis. Ultimate and final responsibility for determining the duties of this staff position, however, will be the Elder Board’s collectively. An annual performance evaluation will be conducted by the Board of Elders.
• A Committed Christian with a Vital and Growing Walk – A man who himself is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of study and worship.
• Someone with a passion to see children come to faith in Jesus Christ and growing in their faith.
• Education – A Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree in Christian Education or Theology/Bible.
• Ministry Experience – Preference will be given to those who have a minimum of five years church ministry experience.
• A Shepherd’s Heart – A man who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
• In agreement with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Doctrinal Statement and willingness to be licensed and ordained by The Christian and Missionary Alliance. Must be or become a member of Alliance Bible Fellowship.
• Meets the qualifications of an elder (I Timothy 3, Titus 1).
He will provide overall leadership to the Children’s Ministry. We desire our Pastor of Children and Families to be a pastor/equipper who is directly involved in the ministry to children and who also equips a team of volunteers who are actively involved. He will also minister to families by equipping parents to evangelize and disciple their own children.
His duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Cast vision for and promote children’s ministries to the church body (birth through 5th Grade). Serve on the elder board as an elder and advocate for children’s ministries.
• Recruit, screen and train parents and volunteers for children’s ministries while providing ongoing shepherding, encouragement and recognition. Build a team of volunteers who see their activity as kingdom ministry to children.
• Provide oversight for Children’s Ministries (currently Awali Oasis, KidZone and AWANA). Provide general oversight of children’s ministries to ensure a safe, clean, relevant environment for every child.
• Provide oversight for seasonal and annual events such as VBS and camp.
• Continue implementation of Bible-based programs (currently Northpoint Community Resources) for children designed to introduce them to faith in Jesus Christ and see them matured in their faith. Oversee all curriculum development and implementation.
• Pastoral duties with families/children to include evangelism, teaching, discipleship, and fellowship activities.
• Maintain clear communication with the pastors, elders, and parents.
• Develop and distribute a calendar of children’s events.
• The Associate Pastor for Children and Families will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill his responsibilities. He will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business hours, so as to be available to the body in general.
• He will be on call as necessary for pastoral emergencies.
• The Associate Pastor will be provided vacation and sabbatical leave in accordance with established church policies.
• The Associated Pastor will be provided health and retirement benefits in accordance with established church policies.