This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Manahawkin Baptist Church
Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 10/07/2009
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
MANAHAWKIN BAPTIST CHURCH
Position Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Date Revised: October 7, 2009 (JWP)
The Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) at Manahawkin Baptist Church (MBC) oversees Children’s Ministry (CM) activities, programs and teams and develops a comprehensive Christ-centered evangelism, discipleship and education ministry for children (birth - 5th grade). The CMD creates a learning community that Enjoys God Together in Worship, Shapes Hearts for Service through Discipleship, and Calls Children and their Families to Follow Christ.
It is preferred that the CMD have extensive experience teaching and serving children and leading volunteers. They must demonstrate ability to recruit, train, motivate and align volunteers to evangelize and disciple children. The CMD must demonstrate ability to conceive, develop, organize and launch life-giving programs and activities. The CMD must maintain rapport with people. The CMD must be teachable, flexible, organized and efficient with multiple tasks. The CMD must demonstrate commitment to and agreement with the Statement of Faith and be or become a member in good standing of MBC. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is preferred. A Master’s degree is desired but not required.
Servant-Leadership in the Spiritual Development of Children
• Prayerfully develop the vision and direction of CM. Love, evangelize and disciple children through serving, leading, and supervising CM teams.
• Ensure that CM is biblically sound and in agreement with the doctrine, vision, mission and philosophy of MBC.
• Create and bi-annually revise a strategic ministry plan to meet objectives in keeping with the vision, mission, values and philosophy of MBC as approved by the Senior Pastor.
• Plan specific CM activities/programs designed to meet approved objectives.
• Make ongoing assessments of the effectiveness of CM and make revisions as needed.
• Identify age-appropriate spiritual needs of children birth-5th grade at MBC and in the community it serves.
• Activate a biblical philosophy of teaching and caring for children and workers.
• Research, analyze, select, implement and monitor the effectiveness of biblically based curriculum and relational systems of discipleship.
• Serve as a pastoral counselor with children and with parents on family-related issues.
Managing Staff and Volunteer Workers
• Coordinate systems to recruit, screen, train, schedule and monitor staff and volunteers.
• Develop servant-hearted team leaders who share MBC’s vision, mission, values and philosophy to help oversee CM workers, programs and activities.
• Ensure effective communication with staff, volunteers, parents and MBC.
• Work with staff and volunteers to resolve personal, philosophical, procedural, and scheduling problems in CM.
• Within biblically healthy boundaries, care for the needs of those serving in CM.
• Ensure that all CM workers understand and adhere to the Child Safety Policy.
• Oversee CM materials, equipment, supplies, and spaces.
• Make purchases of supplies and equipment needed in keeping with the CM budget.
• Assure provision of teaching resource materials for CM.
• Develop and recommend an annual budget for CM to the Senior Pastor.
Other general responsibilities
• Collaborate with the Senior Pastor, Elder Board, and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of MBC.
• Act as a liaison to ministries to children (e.g., MOPS) as requested by the Senior Pastor.
• Utilize the services of MBC staff in a way consistent with their Position Descriptions.
• Provide effective media (written, oral, visual, electronic) about CM for use in communication on a periodic basis as requested by the Senior Pastor.
• Give full support to the General Operating Budget of MBC and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
• Adhere to church guidelines in MBC’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Basic Personal Responsibilities
• Maintain a vital and growing walk with Jesus through Bible study, prayer and worship in the MBC community.
• Maintain proper priorities in your home and as a spouse and parent (if applicable).
• Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Financially support the work of ministries of MBC by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
This position has some physical lifting and outdoor aspects. The CMD must:
• Be able to lift 50 pounds from the floor and carry that weight a distance of 20 yards.
• Be able to stand for extended periods (two or more hours) of time.
• Have adequate vision and hearing for supervision of children in outdoor settings.