This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Community Bible Church
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 10/05/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Grace exists to see lives transformed by God’s grace. This position is to further that mission by developing a passion for worship in the congregation. The Worship leader will shepherd our musicians and be a model of Christ-like behavior in this position of great responsibility. The worship leader must also have a heart to reach lost people. While understanding that worship is for the believer, our contemporary service will be geared toward reaching out to and attracting younger, non-churched members of our community. This service will also creating an exciting, emotionally moving experience for young believers.
Responsibilities Related to Worship:
1. Plan and lead the Sunday morning contemporary worship service.
2. Lead the weekly rehearsal of the praise band/team.
3. Aid in the development of the musical talent of the members of the praise band/team, encouraging them toward excellence for the glory of God.
4. Introduce the congregation to songs/hymns that are God honoring and theologically accurate.
Competencies Related to Worship:
1. Must have some ability to read music.
2. Must have the ability to play a lead instrument (guitar/piano) and sing.
3. Must have the technical proficiencies to direct the praise band.
4. Must show an awareness of a variety of songs that will encourage our whole congregation in their worship.
5. Must be creative in the planning of the worship services so that we do not get stuck in a formula.
1. The Worship Leader is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
2. He will attend a weekly staff meeting to provide creative ideas for worship services and other special events.
3. From time to time, the Worship Leader may be asked by the elders to submit a written report of hours spent during a given week.
4. On an annual basis, the Worship Leader will also submit a written set of goals that he would like to accomplish for the year. They are to be measurable and achievable. The goals will be reviewed with the Senior Pastor quarterly to see if they are being reached and to determine what type of additional support is needed to see that they are accomplished in the future.
5. It is extremely important that the Worship Leader is growing spiritually himself. He needs to show evidence of this in the way that he lives.
The Worship Leader is first and most importantly to be a growing Christian who desires to share the passion that he has for the Savior with others. He must also show a passion for leading God’s people in worship. It must be the 1st priority of the worship leader to see God’s people sincerely seeking after God in worship and not concerned so much with the performance on Sunday mornings. He is to be someone who is able to work well with a team of other adults to accomplish the mission of the worship ministry of the church. He must be a leader who is willing to set the pace for ministry, and willing to be transparent enough so that people want to follow him. He must also be a servant who is willing to do whatever it takes to see lives changed for the glory of God. Finally, he must desire to follow God’s will for his own life as well as the ministry and seek to see God glorified in all that he does.