This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Singles/Women/Marriage Administrative Assistant
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 10/01/2009
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Please complete an employee application on our website: www.northwestbible.org/jobs. Send application and resume to: Tina Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 214-265-1609.
Schedule: M-F, 25 hours a week
Singles/Women/Marriage Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Administrative Support (60%)
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the offices by: setting up all ministerial room requests, by receiving incoming calls and correspondence, and by serving as the primary source of information about these ministries.
• Support the ministry efficiency by serving as liaison between staff/volunteers of these ministries and support staff in other ministry offices; making sure all printed material is prepared and ready as needed (nametags, evaluations, study materials, etc.).
• Coordinate portions of registration or data input of events, Bible study, etc. that must be done in the database or in office; for example, inputting contacts, getting money for change, requesting tables, copying cd’s, making posters/nametags, etc. Coordinate with volunteers to help as needed.
• Support the ministers’ teaching at events and Bible studies by preparing their Power Point presentations and handouts.
• Support major events by being onsite as needed with the ministers, helping with setup and cleanup when necessary, and meeting with the volunteer committee as needed.
• Coordinate the look and design of all ministry pieces by designing them or approving of the designs submitted by volunteers to align them with churchwide guidelines.
• Serve as the point person for information about the ministries.
• Keep webpage updated.
• Serve the ministers by communicating all events, etc. through churchwide channels such as bulletin, slides, and alcove.
• Design printed materials for communication purposes. Graphics software experience required (Corel Draw experience preferred.)
Database Management (10%)
• Apply and utilize the master church database for the completion of all department assignments including communications, lists, groupings, reports, activity and volunteer management and all other functions involving the use of an individual’s records and information.
• Serve on the Data Integrity Team (DIT) to ensure that the database records are accurate and up-to-date for church ministry. Responsibilities include: participating in regular DIT meetings, merging of duplicates, managing new additions from the website or check-in stations, personally contacting individuals for accuracy of records and completion of other data clean-up projects.
• Continue to gain and sharpen database application skills through regular participation in database training.