This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Preschoolers and Kids
Waters Edge Church
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 09/24/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Waters Edge Church, Yorktown, VA is currently looking for a new team member to join our Executive Management Team in the position of Director of Preschoolers and Kids. If you’re a natural born leader with previous Preschoolers and Kids ministry experience and if you would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast growing six year old church with over 1,600 in total attendance and over 350 preschoolers and kids, this position might be for you!
Desired Skills: Are You…
• A people person who can connect well with staff and volunteers?
• Experienced in working within a contemporary, innovative, and outsider focused church?
• Excited about leading and managing large teams of volunteers and staff?
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and written?
• Passionate about helping people know God intimately and experience authentic life change?
• Extremely adept at managing your time?
• Loyal, dedicated, and able to commit long-term to the vision, strategy, and core values of Waters Edge Church?
• A person who takes pride in excellence and is always willing to go the extra mile?
• Creative, innovative, proactive, and resourceful?
• In love with the local church and desire to be a part of making decisions and setting direction for the church as a whole?
Position Expectations: You Will Be…
• Actively involved in the overall leadership, strategy, and direction of the church.
• Leading teams of paid staff and non-paid volunteers who make up the Waters Edge Preschoolers and Kids Teams.
• Working under the leadership of and partnering with the Lead Pastor to fulfill the vision of Waters Edge Church.
• Responsible for recruiting, training, and caring for volunteers.
• Planning, organizing, and overseeing all experiences and special events that pertain to preschoolers and kids.
• Overseeing age appropriate, relevant Sunday worship experiences for preschoolers and kids including both a large group production and small group discussion.
• Required to work at all weekend worship experiences, all worship experiences on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership.
• Ensuring that every Waters Edge preschooler and kid is known, prayed for, and connected with by a small group leader.
• Constantly creating, critiquing, and improving processes and programs.
• Working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members on our Executive Management Team.
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! Please submit your resume: Lindsey@watersedgechurch.net, in the subject line note: Director of Preschoolers and Kids. To learn more about us, please visit: www.watersedgechurch.net. No phone calls please.