This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Web Development Director
Community Christian Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 11/10/2009
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a super nerdy, but ultra-awesome creative programmer to lead the development of our web site at http://www.communitychristian.org - must be able to write killer code, create web apps from scratch, and squash bugs like you’re with Orkin. If you think in ones and zeros, but can also maintain a normal social conversation, this could be just the thing for you!
Community Christian Church is a multi-site church in the Chicagoland area. We currently have 9 locations, with plans for tons more.
• Extensive experience developing in PHP, MySQL
• Proven use of coding best practices, MVC (code samples, please)
• Ability to manage LAMP systems via command line
• Experience using source control or maintaining a source control server
• Working fluency with CSS and HTML, great eye for design
• Already active in social networking, Twitter, Facebook
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
You would totally rock if you:
• Have managed a Joomla website before and know the API
• Already know the GoogleMaps, Facebook, and Twitter APIs
• Adept on mobile platforms, can build iPhone or Blackberry apps
• Are a Mac user
• Have any industry certifications
• Know anything about video codecs, conversion, and streaming
Scope of the job:
• Manage and develop communitychristian.org and newthing.org (including other related sub-domains and sites currently in use)
• Train and empower staff to contribute content to the web site on a regular basis
• Troubleshoot and fix bugs with existing extensions, maintain a list of feature requests and additional functionality for future development
• Build new functionality and features, including launching a church online experience with multiple chat rooms, video streaming, and social networking features.
We need someone who is a leader, can think of innovative solutions to coding/interface problems, is a ton of fun, doesn’t take themselves too seriously, and is passionate about helping people find their way back to God.
Send your resume and code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org - No phone calls.