This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor (Ordained)
First United Methodist
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/22/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The First United Methodist Church of Spring Hill, Florida is a congregation of The United Methodist Church. So it is with church ministry. All of the ministries of the church make up the leadership and assist in the direction the church is commanded to go.
Here, you will be part of a loving family dedicated to reaching out to all in need of care and healing. Join us as we, by our example, inspire others to love and serve him.
Currently we are looking to fill the position of Associate Pastor
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
STATEMENT OF GENERAL INFORMATION
• As Associate Pastor – Congregational Care: Oversee the discovery, enlistment, training and supervision of teams of lay volunteers for those ministries considered essential to Congregational Care, including counseling, prayer ministries and ministering to the needs of those in the congregation who are homebound or living in assisted living facilities, nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities or hospice, as well as hospital visitations and assisting those with special needs.
• As Associate Pastor – Discipleship: Oversee the promotion and pursuit of continuing spiritual growth of all members through the offering of a wide-ranging curriculum and opportunities for all ages including Sunday Schools, Bible Studies and Small Groups.
PRIMARY TASKS – GENERAL: Pastoral & Ministerial
• Be available to deliver the sermon at Sunday Morning Worships as needed or requested by the Senior Pastor.
• At the close of Sunday Morning Worship services, be available at the Altar to pray with persons who may come to the Altar for prayer.
• Be available to assist the Senior Pastor in the areas of Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals and Memorial Services, at the direction of the Senior Pastor.
• Assist the Senior Pastor, as requested, how ever possible with those reasonable duties not specifically delegated, and in responding to any emergency needs within the congregation or staff that may arise from time to time.
• In the absence of the Senior Pastor, as requested and directed by the Senior Pastor or the Church Council, assume responsibility bothpastorally and administratively.
• Serve the pastor’s ex-officio role on various committees, as requested.
• Serve as an ex-officio member on the Church Council and all committees directly supporting the ministries which the Associate Pastor oversees as determined by the Church Council.
PRIMARY TASKS – CONGREGATIONAL CARE:
• At the direction of the Senior Pastor, be available to lead the Thursday morning Prayer and Healing Service
• Coordinate with the Senior Pastor, hospital visitations as needed including the recruitment, enlistment, training, scheduling and supervision of a team of lay volunteers for hospital visitations on weekends and at other appropriate and necessary times.
• Minister to the needs of the congregation who are considered “shut-ins,” the homebound or those living in assisted living facilities, nursing homes, or rehabilitation facilities through phone calls, visits, and written correspondence, and maintain a file of the church members who belong in this categories as well as a system of records showing persons visited, dates of visits, and succinct, written pastoral summary of same.
• Assist those who are home-bound with special needs, such as food and transportation to doctor’s appointments, grocery stores, etc., or to provide for such help.
• Discover, enlist, train and supervise a team of lay volunteers to assist the ministry to the needs of our “shut-ins.”
• Discover, enlist, training and supervise a team of lay volunteers to serve as drivers for the Church Van Ministry for pick-up of those who are unable to drive to Sunday Worship and for the time schedules involved.
• Assist the Senior Pastor in attending to the needs of those under Hospice care, and to the needs of their families.
• Work closely with the Chairperson of the Council on Ministries, the Committee on Nominations and Lay Leadership Development to discover, enlist, equip, coordinate, and supervise the necessary volunteer lay leadership for existing and newly-formed ministries of the church.
• Oversee lay volunteers in the various areas of ministry within the congregation.
• At the direction of the Senior Pastor, be available to assist the Senior Pastor in the areas of Funerals and Memorial Services.
• Coordinate with the Senior Pastor concerning the counseling needs of the congregation.
• At the direction of the Senior Pastor, be available to lead the Adult Bible Study Class on Wednesday evenings.
• Oversee the duties and responsibilities of the Membership Secretary, including maintaining the membership data base and an inventory of membership talents.
PRIMARY TASKS – DISCIPLESHIP:
Specific Tasks to be developed relating to the overseeing of the promotion and pursuit of continuing spiritual growth of all members through the offering of a wide-ranging curriculum and opportunities for all ages including Sunday Schools, Bible Studies and Small Groups.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
• Personal Qualifications
• Strong, mature godly character
• Demonstrated high level of spiritual maturity
• Faithfulness to God, spouse, and family
• Integrity above reproach, moral soundness, honesty, and uprightness
• Servant leadership with others and to others
• Accountability to God, family, peers, and leadership of the church
• Confidentiality for the body of believers
• Stewardship within the church and personal life
• Professionalism to communicate the Word of God effectively
• Creative and highly organized with the appropriate level of attention to details
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Proven interpersonal and conflict management skills
• Leadership style which encourages and motivates
• Bachelor of Arts required.
• Master of Divinity desired.
• Life experiences will be considered
• Concurrence with the doctrine and social principles of The United Methodist Church, or a willingness to learn same.
• Strong and consistent Biblical knowledge.
• Ability to make decisions in keeping with the vision, mission and practices of First United Methodist Church of Spring Hill.
• Management and Administration, preferably in a church or religious organization environment
• Ministry experience
To apply for this postion please use either of these methods:
Apply by using the link below on this site.
Forwarding your Resume and Cover Letter to only the following email : email@example.com