This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Creative Arts Technical Director
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 09/18/2009
Denominations: Church of God -- Anderson
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Cornwall Church. We are a dynamic church located in beautiful Bellingham WA, just north of Seattle. Yes, rain happens here. Get over it. There’s lots of cool stuff in the Northwest too. Cornwall Church is focused on making a real difference in the community around us and we are looking for a job applicant who would love to be a part of a committed, passionate, high capacity and fun loving team. We strive for our worship services to be progressive, relevant and engaging.
Job Purpose: We are looking for a Technical Director to prepare and oversee all technical aspects of our weekend and mid-week services. It would be really awesome if you can fix stuff as you would be responsible for the routine maintenance and repair of all technical equipment throughout the facility. Don’t worry, WD-40 and duct tape will be provided. Additionally, volunteers are a pretty big deal around here. We couldn’t do what we do without them. So with that, a top priority for you would be in recruiting, training and developing volunteers for your technical team.
• At least 2 years experience doing techie stuff. Experience in a church environment would be a bonus but not required.
• Education: Beyond your street smarts, we want you to have some book smarts too. At least a high school education. College degree preferred but not required.
• If you don’t live in B’ham (otherwise known as Bellingham), then you would need to be willing to relocate.
Cool Stuff you will be doing:
• Audio Production: Coordinate with the Art Director and Creative Arts Pastor regarding specific audio needs and supply necessary audio support (mics, processors, monitors, ear plugs for the sensitive people, things like that).
• Video Production: Assist as needed in the production of video elements.
• Video Reinforcement (IMAG): Oversee all elements of live video production
• Serve on the Creative Planning team. We plan creative stuff for the weekends, plus as an extra bonus, we have good snacks in our meetings.
• In addition to recruiting new volunteers, it would totally rock if you invested time and energy into implementing a development plan for volunteers specified to each role on the technical team.
• Spending money. Yup, with technology constantly changing and the church growing, we need you to develop comprehensive plans to expand Cornwall’s technical capabilities through the purchase and implementation of new equipment. Of course, there are budget restrictions but we want you to always be looking ahead.
• Must get really excited about tools and fixing stuff and not have a fear of heights. This is pretty important since you will be the guy ensuring that all technical systems in the building are properly maintained (projector fans, theatrical lighting, media computers, video cameras etc)
Salary and benefits are negotiable based on what you bring to the table.