Vibrant, non-denominational, multi-site, 16 year old church is ready to call a Lead Pastor to our staff. Weekend attendance of about 2,200 adults and 500 children. Position Description and Introduction Video about our church/this position can be found on our website (www.ridgepoint.org) via the Employment link.
To be considered for this position, completed applications must be received by 10/19/09. Please include resumes and other information you think we may find helpful.
Position Description Content:
Reporting Relationship: The Lead Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor. The Senior Staff (Operations Director, Arts Pastor, Discipleship Pastor, Groups Pastor, and Partnerships Pastor) will report to the Lead Pastor.
Function: Lead the Senior Staff in the day-to-day leadership, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the vision of Ridge Point. Oversee stewardship of resources ensuring solid financial, human resources, and operational practices consistent with Ridge Point’s mission, vision, and core values. Work closely with the Senior Pastor in providing proactive, anticipatory leadership.
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor in casting vision to the staff – creating broad based ownership of new initiatives and continually affirming and encouraging staff members and their contribution to ministry
• Lead the implementation of all ministry initiatives through senior staff members – including training and equipping of staff and volunteers
• Continually evaluate and strengthen the staff foundation – monitoring ethos of staff and key volunteers, making recommendations and following through with corrective action when necessary
• Coach senior staff members individually – encouraging them personally and professionally to answer a ministry calling while maintaining healthy balance. Raise high the value of spiritual, relational, and missional growth (full life) in staff and volunteers
• Be proactive in understanding the culture in corporate, non-profit, and church environments – applying ‘great’ techniques at Ridge Point and representing Ridge Point with excellence in the community
• Lead and evaluate (at a high level and with neutrality) financial spending to budget that is in line with the strategic plan. Support the existing ethos of integrity, stewardship, effectiveness, and efficiency.
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ resulting in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Bible
• Beliefs consistent with Ridge Point Church “Statement of Belief”
• Fulfillment of the Biblical qualifications of Elder
• Demonstrated passion for encouraging leaders in their area of ministry to fulfill the mission of RPCC
• Preferred three years experience in leading successful ministry in growing church environment or
• Preferred three years experience in leading business, church or para-church operations
• Preferred three years of proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate strong teams
• Excellent communication and listening skills – ability to consistently encourage and support others
• Demonstrated ability to recruit and empower volunteer leaders in ways promoting their spiritual growth
• Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed; teachable spirit
• Spiritual gifts of leadership, shepherding, and/or administration
• Understands and owns the vision and values of Ridge Point Community Church
• Member or willing to become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employment
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Executive PastorHarvest Community Church
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- October 17
Administrative pastorLiberty Church
- Ozone Park, New York
- October 13
Executive PastorChurch of the Open Door
- Elyria, Ohio
- October 13
Executive PastorChurch at Viera
- Melbourne, Florida
- October 11
Ridge Point Community Church
We make it our goal to provide opportunities for people to grow by serving others, by learning more about Jesus and by experiencing what it means to love others and be loved by God - to be a group of Jesus' followers who actively engage in activities and practices that reach out to people who do not know Jesus. More...