This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
College, Campus and Young Adult Pastor
Long Beach, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/17/2009
Categories: College Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
College, Campus and Young Adults Pastor
1. Professing, growing, committed follower of Christ who loves God and meets the moral and spiritual qualifications necessary for Christian ministry
2. Evangelical orientation in theology and in full agreement with Cornerstone Church’s Statement of Faith
3. Genuine love for college students and young adults evidenced by an approachable demeanor
4. Understands the culture and identifies with today’s college and young adults.
5. Demonstrates initiative in ministry; a self-starter able to create new ministry
6. Experienced in evangelism and disciple-making
1. Provide vision and administrative direction to the college and young adult ministries.
2. Think and act as a missionary to the campus of CSULB, facilitating the assimilation of students into the life of Cornerstone Church with the purpose of equipping students to continue the cycle of evangelism on campus.
3. Provide godly pastoral leadership in discipleship, evangelism, and Scriptural teaching.
4. Build a ministry that helps students and young adults identify and use their God-given gifts and passions.
5. Institute a college intern ministry that will mentor future Christian leaders to reach their peers.
6. Establish and cultivate existing relationships with para-church organizations on the campus of CSULB i.e. Navigators, Campus Crusade, etc.
7. Develop a ministry to post-college age adults engaging them personally and organizing them into a community that will follow Christ and connect to Cornerstone Church.
1. Coordinate and/or lead the Sunday evening worship service, weekly Community Groups, and social events for college and young adults.
2. Create regular opportunities for students to engage significant cultural and intellectual issues that relate to the Christian faith, providing them with reasoned answers from Scripture and from Christian apologetics.
3. Develop and direct the establishment of courses in Christian studies from a conservative Christian worldview at CSULB through Extension Services.
4. Oversee the Cornerstone coffee bar ministry to students.
5. Establish a network of small group Bible studies for young adults throughout the city.
6. Meet regularly with pastoral staff for prayer, discipleship and planning (depending on school schedule)
1. Directly accountable to the Lead Pastor
2. Integrate easily into existing college ministry team