Faith Church located in Martinsville, Indiana, a vibrant, growing church (300+), is looking for a Pastor of Student Ministries, who is a collaboratively creative leader to join our team in Martinsville, Indiana (30 minutes south of Indianapolis). We are committed to impacting and reaching our community with the unmatched love of God, while growing believers into transformed Jesus followers. Faith Church—“Pursing Seekers, Making Disciples”—is an established church with an emerging church feel. While grounded in the Word of God and blessed with 45 acres and a great deal of building space, Faith is committed to being innovative and creative within the context of our vision, culture and calling.
The ideal candidate is missionally minded, has a passion for youth and their families, and possesses a diverse skill set so that he/she is impactful in more than one area of ministry. Our church is again experiencing rapid growth and is in need of a secondary gifted communicator (Sunday Mornings) who also can contribute to carrying out the vision and direction of Family Ministries (diapers to diploma). As a growing Jesus community that is experiencing rapid change, only candidates with 3+ years of full time experience should apply.
Student Ministries (SM) at Faith Church is committed to partnering with families to unleash the emerging generation to live out an authentic faith, and a life of transformation and of influence. Student Ministries (6th through 12th grade) is part of Family Ministries (birth through high school), and does not seek to create a ministry apart from the family, but rather in partnership with the family to fulfill its mandate (Deuteronomy 6:1-9): to raise up the next generation for God’s glory and for the expansion of His Kingdom.
The Student Ministries Pastor (SMP) will leverage his or her gifts and passion in a partnership with staff, leaders, volunteers and parents to change our world through the transformation of the current and future generations of Jesus followers. With a brand new facility, a growing Student Ministry, and the momentum of a church that is advancing, the SMP will experience freedom to creatively reach, inspire and grow others.
This future staff person will journey with us as we discover what it means to minister to the whole family, and what a family integrated ministry should look like in a modern setting. We desire to eradicate the experience of most churches that see students graduate from high school, but then leave the church because they failed to ever experience a life changing connection to the larger body.
Accountable To: Lead Pastor
Primarily, but not exclusively students (6th-12th grades) and their families.
Engaging with students—and all who are called to reach—in a relevant manner to affect life-change through the power of the Good News of Jesus
* Leadership and Teaching, with either Administration or Evangelism.
Character, Talents and Abilities:
* A teachable spirit with a servant leader’s heart who desires to minister within a team context.
* Excellent communication skills with a substantial aptitude in teaching.
* A leader of leaders with the proven ability to humbly lead a group of people to embrace and fulfill a vision.
* A creative energy that inspires others to commit to a life-changing cause.
* Evidence of a missional lifestyle.
1. 3+ years experience as full time Pastor/Director of Student Ministries (Any candidate who does not meet this point will not be considered for the position.)
2. Possess a familiarity and commitment to Faith Church’s Family Ministries philosophy, which is closely aligned with and North Point Community Church’s (Alpharetta, Georgia) philosophy.
3. Practical ability to design a life development (spiritual formation) program using various curricula, which, when implemented, leads to valued outcomes in a student’s life. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated competency in designing relevant, age-based programming for students.
4. Proven track record to create and launch new ministries and to build teams and equip team members for greater fruitfulness.
STUDENT MINISTRIES RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
1. Model and raise the value of a missional lifestyle.
A. Live with your family in an intentionally missional lifestyle so that the life of Christ is incarnated through your household resulting in life-on-life outreach and spiritual formation in pre-Christians and Jesus followers.
B. Raise the value of missional living through personal modeling, teaching and participation so that those with whom and to whom you minister will embrace and practice missional living.
2. Build a growing Student Ministries Team through inspired vision casting, enlistment, training and empowerment of volunteers to effectively reach the families of South Central Indiana.
A. Embrace the church’s broader vision—the vision of Student Ministries must serve as an aligned component of our Family Ministries strategy.
B. Collaborate with the FirstServe Coordinator (a.k.a. Volunteer Coordinator) to strategically identify new volunteers, as well as students, for roles that fit their God-given wiring so that they grow spiritually and so that families are powerfully served.
C. The SMP will partner with his/her volunteers and/or staff to provide concurrent equipping efforts for all Family Ministries (not just the volunteers of Student Ministries).
3. Partner with SM volunteers to create and execute an effective strategy to reach, establish, grow and unleash students for life-change, influence and serving.
A. The SM team will develop outreach events and environments to provide a culture of students influencing their friends and family with the message of Jesus
B. An effective assimilation strategy will be fundamental for the SM to enfold and connect new students into the youth ministry.
(NOTE: This statement is not meant to communicate the idea that SM is its own entity. In reality, SM is united in the greater strategy of Faith Church. As well, we do not desire to separate students from the greater life of faith. Our SM is a place for life to take place, so that real life can be experienced in every venue of life.)
C. Faith Church’s Mission Statement is Pursuing Seekers…Making Disciples. This ministry will not only reach students, but will partner with families to grow them into authentic Jesus followers. This will be done by creating and/or combining resources to be used in the lives of students (and, where possible, their families) so that students are experiencing on-going, life-changing relationships with Jesus Christ.
D. Assisting students in the discovery of how God has wired them to serve Him and others will be necessary to create a culture of changing our world through serving.
E. Develop equipping environments for parents to discover life-on-life spiritual formation practices through teachable moments, initiated spiritual conversations and intentional instruction.
4. As gifted, as needs arise, and as time permits, other responsibilities that the Senior Pastor deems vital may need to be undertaken.
Faith Church staff members typically have more than one area of responsibility, and are called, on occasion, to serve in other areas when we need “all hands on deck”. While we see a secondary area of serving as an important responsibility of the person who becomes the SMP, that may not be how he or she will begin his/her ministry. A great deal of time, passion and care can, and should, be poured into our students and their families. However, with an eye to the future, there are some potential areas where the SMP may serve in addition to Student Ministries. Here are some possible, but not exhaustive, options:
(NOTE: The SMP will most likely provide leadership in at least one, but not all, of these areas.)
* Invest personal leadership and support in Children’s Ministries to provide a stronger partnership throughout the developmental years and to increase staff involvement in FM.
* Effectively communicate as the secondary teacher, after the Lead Pastor, in the Sunday morning Worship Gatherings 10-12 times per year.
* Partner with the Children’s Ministry Director to create, execute and lead a new environment or ministry for 5th and 6th grade students.
If you are interested in applying please forward your Resume and Cover Letter by EMAIL
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Faith Church is a growing Jesus community (of about 270-300 people) committed to missionally impacting and transforming our community and world with the love of Jesus. We are looking for a passionate man or woman who lives a lifestyle of worship. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively minister to 16-29 year olds, as well as children and adults of older generations. We are seeking a staff member who demonstrates creativity and energy, as well as wisdom and maturity. Faith Church is located in Martinsville (pop. 15-18,000), Indiana, a More...