This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Youth & Christian Education
Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 09/12/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
POSITION: Minister of youth and Christian Education
The associate Pastor shall oversee the Christian education and youth departments. His purpose is to develop a strategy that produces the goal of a balanced program of fellowship-discipleship-ministry-evangelism and worship. He will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
• Oversee the Christian education of the church including working closely with the CE Chairman and Sunday school superintendent. They shall approve all materials for biblical education within the Church, provide guidance and training for all teachers and serve in an advisory capacity for the CE committee.
• Oversee all teen programming within the church.
• Recruit, train, encourage and support lay ministers in the various volunteer ministers working with the young people in our congregation.
• Work with the church staff, boards, committees, teams when necessary in order to coordinate youth ministry with the ministry of the total church.
• Build relationships and provide resources and support to the parents of young people in the youth group.
. Assisting the Senior Pastor in overseeing the overall planning and operation of the church and its general functions.
• When possible attend workshops and personal growth conferences to stay informed on new and effective ways to implement Christian education and youth ministries.
• The Associate Pastor is hired presently for part time employment.
• He shall be compensated with the parsonage (2 bedroom ranch).
• He shall follow the guidelines of the personnel committee regarding time off.
Please submit resume to Pastor Jim Nellius at:
158 Halfway Pond Rd.
Plymouth, MA 02360
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 339-832-0923
Web site : www.fauncechurch.org