This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children’s Ministries
Calvary Memorial Church
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 09/09/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Director of Children’s Ministries
Reporting: Reports to and is under the direct supervision of the Pastor of Adult and Family Ministries.
Primary Objective: To provide oversight and care for all phases of Calvary’s ministry to children—birth through fifth grade. He/she will work with staff and lay leaders to administer such programs as Sunday school, nursery, Church-time classes and AWANA.
1. Will assist in the overall family strategy by being part of the family ministries team
2. Develop, implement and communicate a philosophy and strategy of children’s ministry to the leadership and congregation
3. Coordinate the placement, training and evaluation of volunteer staff.
4. Recruit, equip and lead a children’s ministry team, meeting regularly with the leaders to promote teamwork
5. Remain knowledgeable of new curriculum and current thinking or practices in children ministries, making strategic changes when needed.
6. Oversight of the child-protection policy
7. Share in the care of the congregation including teaching, visitation and care, giving special attention to those involved in children’s ministries
8. Works with the Ministry Staff to coordinate the children’s ministry with other ministries at Calvary.
9. To be personally invested in cultivating relationships with both the saved and unsaved.
• Assimilation of new families
• Children’s ministry outreach events
10. Share in the implementation of Calvary’s vision, mission and values.
11. General Duties:
• Oversight of paid children’s ministry staff
• Prepares and maintains annual budget for children’s ministry
1. A love for children and families.
2. A person of outstanding Christian character.
3. A person with theological training, having earned a degree that majored in childhood education and/or children’s ministry.
4. Two plus years experience working with children in an educational setting, preferably in a church.
5. A person who is competent organizationally and administratively. They must have the ability to manage a small part-time staff and a large number of lay-volunteers.
6. A person with a good work ethic.
7. A person who is good relationally with people. This is a must, since part of the job involves recruitment / care of volunteers and assimilation of new families into the children’s ministry department.
8. A person who is able to fully embrace the beliefs described in “What Calvary Believes about the Family.” If married, their family must exemplify the beliefs in this document.
9. A person who has a good grasp of what the Bible teaches in regards to parenting versus the popular but errant parenting philosophies of our culture. While their ministry will primarily be to children, the DCM will work concert with the Pastor of Adult and Family Discipleship in strengthening homes throughout Calvary.
10. A person who is committed to team ministry.
11. A person who is able to work well with other members of the ministry staff.