This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Small Groups Pastor
Sagebrush Community Church
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Date Posted: 09/02/2009
Categories: Small Group Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Associate Small Groups Pastor Job Description - Begins Dec. 1st
Life must clearly demonstrate a high level of spiritual maturity. Must have a passion for people; be technologically aware, and willing to minister whenever necessary. Should be an enthusiastic, creative team leader and team player who is willing to work with current respected staff and volunteers.
• Oversee Discovery Groups.
• Co-lead the Starting Point Intro.
• Oversee the Video Venue on the weekends.
• Assist in launching new Small Group plan. (i.e. SPI, next steps, etc...)
A. Key Areas:
1. Assist Small Groups Pastor with huddles. (5-6 a month)
2. Help plan and organize Leaders Edge.
3. Help plan and organize Group Match.
4. Review Curriculum with our vision strategy in mind. Community, Personal Relationship with Christ and influencing the lost.
5. Be looking for new ways to implement ideas and systems that will help the SGM.
6. Write Quarterly Goals with S.M.A.R.T. Goal Formula.
7. Assist Small Groups Pastor with future tasks as time permits.
Supervision (who do I answer to):
The Associate Small Groups Pastor is directly accountable to the Small Groups Pastor. We will work as a team to encourage and sharpen one another.
1. Daily schedule – regular office hours should be kept. Maintain a 40-45-hour work week, which includes 16 hours for weekends 24-28 office work (Monday-Wednesday) including meetings and huddles. (Thursday-Friday off)
2. Staff Meetings – attend all staff meetings, prepared to report on ministry activities.
a. Submit FR on Mondays by 9AM
b. Attend SGT meeting at 2PM Mondays
c. Attend Monthly All Staff meeting on Tuesdays.
d. Attend First Tuesday of the Month all FMT meetings at 9:30AM
3. Consult Small Groups Pastor on plans and policies.
This position is 40-45 hours (FT) and includes the following benefits: an outstanding healthcare package that covers the entire family and includes dental and vision, retirement, term life insurance, paid vacation, and more. In addition, we resource our staff with the latest tools to be effective, such as MacBooks, iPhones, and very reasonable ministry budgets.
To apply for this position, please do not post a resume on churchstaffing.com; instead, please submit the following 3 items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A current resume
2. A recent picture of you (or you with your family)
3. At least 1 personal and 3 professional references
Thank you! May God bless your search for His next step for you!