This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry
Chelsea Free Methodist
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 08/28/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Free Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Youth Pastor Needed: Chelsea Free Methodist Church is a growing (450-550) contemporary church who is looking for a relevant, passionate, motivated person who loves the Lord and is able to reach, lead, equip and train youth (6th-12th grades) and youth staff. The position is full-time including very competitive pay and benefits. Position start negotiable beginning August 2009.
Position Title: Associate Pastor of Youth
Education: Bachelors in Ministry, Masters Preferred
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
• A passion for seeing youth seek after Christ.
• A mix of spiritual giftedness in the following but not limited to: leading, teaching, administrating and evangelism.
• Ability to lead, train and equip a large staff of volunteers.
• Ordained Elder in the Free Methodist Church or willing to begin a course to complete ordination.
• Experience preferred
• The Youth Pastor is one of the spiritual leaders of the church, doing the work of ministry, that being the redemptive, healing work of Christ through His church. He/she is to be skilled in the profession of pastor, grounded on solid theological foundation, with a willingness to be associated with the Free Methodist Church, and dedicated to ministering to the needs of the church.
• Develop creative weekly youth programs being intentional about reaching un-churched youth
• Engage and oversee life changing small groups
• Grow youth in the likeness of Christ through His Word
• Equip youth to live a life of ministry in the church and outside the church including out of country missions trips
• Recruit, train and equip large volunteer staff
• Assist Lead Pastor in other ways as needed (pastoral care, counseling, preaching, teaching, etc.).
• Be willing to serve as Jesus served.
• Promote unity/team with Lead Pastor and other staff.
• Keep Lead Pastor informed on a weekly basis of activities in above areas.