This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Media
The Journey Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 08/27/2009
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
ATTN: MEDIA PASTOR -- LETTERMAN, SNL... YOU?
Do you have what it takes to provide leadership and excellence in church media in the most media-intense city in the world?
If so, then perhaps God is calling you to work with Lead Pastor, Nelson Searcy, and Worship Arts Pastor, Jason Hatley, on-staff at The Journey Church in Manhattan (www.JourneyMetro.com)
Find out if you’re an ideal candidate by answering these questions for yourself:
Are you passionate about raising up volunteer leaders, directing the media and technical arts at one of the nation’s most innovative churches, and growing a production ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer base of over 35 team members (camera, lights, stage, switchers, editors, etc.) to a structure of over 100 volunteers?
Could you be called to serve in New York City?
Can you join with our worship arts staff to lead at a very high level, and bring creative media and technical excellence to the Sunday service, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced technicians in New York City?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals and artists?
This is an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in NYC.
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- The ability to recruit and lead a growing Media/Production Team in an ever-growing environment
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A team player
- A high level understanding of media, including contemporary/secular films, video editing systems, technical systems (lighting, staging, video, minimal sound)
- Bachelor or Masters Degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Ministry experience in a creative, fast-paced, results-driven environment a plus
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for media and the arts
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
If you are confident that you fit the bill, we want to talk to you! Send your resume along with links to video samples of your work:
**Resumes must be accompanied by links to video samples to be considered.**