The Audio Technician is a part of the Tech and Media Ministry team at Valley Family Church. As such, this position serves as the co-leader for the audio aspects of VFC and is one of the liaisons between the Audio and Worship staff, church administration, audio volunteers and event/program planners. It is the Audio Technician responsibility to see that the audio ministry is of highest possible quality. Above all, the overall mission of the Audio Technician is to create an atmosphere that is conducive to worship and communicating the Word of God.
• Building and leading a team of audio volunteers who will develop and implement a shared vision for sound at VFC.
• Providing specific training on professional equipment on an ongoing basis.
• Training other VFC ministry areas to run audio equipment for their programming.
• Monitoring volunteer workload and protecting them from overuse.
• Run audio at weekend services and special events
• Providing volunteers for events and other services during the week and on the weekends
• Responsible for setup/tear down at weekend services and special events
• Leads in training and scheduling volunteers for the above
• Provide training and support to facilities staff for small venue setup
• Assessing the acoustics of the production/performance area and setting up, testing and operating equipment accordingly
• Anticipating and solving problems with sound quality that may arise during a service, etc;
• Building and working closely with the sound team
• Installing, servicing, maintaining and repairing sound equipment
• Responsible for setup/striking at weekend services and worship events
• Administration (meetings, reports, correspondence, follow-up)
• Volunteer recruitment, leadership and management
• Leads in training and scheduling volunteers
• Special projects (live audio at services and, technical support for weddings, funerals etc.)
• Keeping up-to-date with new and developing sound technologies and equipment
This position will require some evening and weekend work to support various events and functions. Current weekly schedule includes covering all Saturday night and Sunday morning services and Wednesday night rehearsals. The Audio Engineer will also be responsible for working out schedules with the Technical Director to make sure media team members cover all events. (Schedule is subject to change, but changes will be planned in advance).
• Have a committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Have at least 2 years experience running audio in a church setting
• Familiar with Cobra Net (E-Snake)
• Proficient in using the Yamaha M7 Digital Board
• Able to install and perform maintenance on audio equipment
• Proficient at using Pro-tools
• Final Cut Knowledge a plus
• Familiar with Aviom in Ear system
• Have basic rigging skills
• Good with computers
• Know how to multitrack
Please email a copy of your resume to Jthompson@valleyfamilychurch.org