This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Apex, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 08/26/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Children's Ministries
Hope Chapel in Apex, North Carolina, a vibrant evangelical church with approximately 1,000 worshiping on Sunday morning, seeks a Children's Ministry Pastor. This is an established position with tremendous opportunities for ministry to children age's birth through 10 years, volunteers and families.
The Children Ministries at Hope Chapel currently serves a weekly average of 150 - 250 children with over 125 volunteers assisting each month. The children of Hope Chapel (Hopetown) are responsive to the power and transformation of scripture and spirit led ministry. Our children engage in lively worship and individual prayer. The cooperative foundation developed by the families of Hope Chapel and the Children’s Ministry department; combine to provide fertile ground that continues to build fruitful ministry opportunity for all of our children.
Our desire is for a Children’s Ministry Pastor who represents Christ in a culture that is reverent, creative, relevant and fun. An individual with a strong passion to raise the value of doing children’s ministry with excellence across the Kingdom to reach and teach the next generation of followers of Christ. We are looking for a Pastor whose life and family model character that reflects God-honoring values consistent with those of Hope Chapel and it’s members.
The Pastor will recruit and train leaders who will touch children's lives with God's love, teach them God's Word and provide fellowship with God's people -laying a foundation that will keep children interested in the things of God and involved in the life of the church.
Commitment and Relationship:
This is a full time salaried position. A competitive compensation package will be based on qualifications and experience. The Director of Children's Ministries will report to an assigned Staff Pastor. The Director is expected to join and be an exemplarily member of Hope Chapel and attend regular worship services and church events.
1. Lead Hope Chapel's vision, mission, core values and theological position throughout the Children's Ministry.
2. Participate in staff meetings and contribute to the overall organizational strategic planning.
3. Provide visionary leadership and administration of the Children's Ministry Department.
4. Recruit, train, and evaluate all Children's Ministry staff and volunteers.
5. Oversee all children's programs, curricula and activities.
6. Maintain attendance statistics and systematically evaluate program objectives against outcomes.
7. Collaborate with the assigned Staff Pastor about strategies for outreach and assimilation of newcomers into children's programs and into the church body of Hope Chapel.
8. Provide pastoral care, instruction and spiritual encouragement for the children and families of Hope Chapel.
9. Develop, submit, and steward disbursement of funds keeping within approved budget amounts.
10. Develop, implement and evaluate procedure for the safety and security of children within the facility and programs.
1. A demonstrated personal faith in Jesus Christ and agreement with the Hope Chapel statement of faith.
2. A bachelor’s degree in elementary or early childhood education or equivalent experiences.
3. At least 3 years of leadership experience in large church: children's ministry preferred.
4. Proficient abilities in administration, evangelism and pastoral care.
5. Computer and software skills in Word, Excel, ACS, PowerPoint and web content necessary.
1. Ability to work in a value driven, goal-oriented ministry.
2. Ability to work well in a mutually teachable & mutually submissive collaborative environment.
3. Maintains mature and stable relationships with others and Christ
4. Commits to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development.
5. Maintains a consistent devotional life.
For application information check the Hope Chapel website at hopenc.org or contact:
6175 Old Jenks Rd.
Apex, NC, 27523
Send resumes and cover letters by email to email@example.com
Hope Chapel is a member of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel