This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Carmel Presbyterian Church
Carmel, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/26/2009
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
1. Committed Follower of Jesus Christ
2. Understand and Support the vision, mission and ministry of Carmel Presbyterian Church
3. Conduct consistent personal devotional life.
4. Holds beliefs that do not conflict with those of Carmel Presbyterian Church.
1. Minimum 2 years working in technical aspects of live production
1. Minimum 2 years experience in a live production environment
2. Minimum 2 years experience working with multiple playback devices.
3. Experience coordinating sound, video, computer and web preferred.
1. Able to lift 50+ lbs
2. Occasional Driving
3. Working with others
4. Working Alone
5. Pushing up to 100 lbs
6. Able to hear well
7. Occasional local travel
8. Proficiency with computer and telephone.
9. Some crawling and kneeling.
1. Work collaboratively with other staff towards ministry vision and goals, follow the staff values and norms, follow the Guidelines as stated in the Employee Guidelines Manual, and respect confidentiality.
2. Be ready to operate equipment well before each service/rehearsal.
3. Set up all necessary/designated equipment before all services/rehearsals and be ready to record before each service.
4. Check all equipment and make sure it is in good working order. Mics., batteries, cords, proper cords in proper jacks.
5. Sound Equipment should be set up before the service, removed and returned to their proper place of storage at the end of each service or event.
6. Sound levels must be checked on mics and speakers 30 minutes before service. This should be done with the worship team to ensure proper monitor mix as well as house mix.
7. Cue all sound tracks and determine mixer settings for proper sound level before the service.
8. Make sure the pastor or speaker has a wireless lapel mic with a fresh battery before each service.
9. Store all equipment in proper place and secure sound room after each service.
10. Clean sound room -- keep it neat and clean.
11. Maintain security of sound room - scheduled authorized personnel only.
12. Report any defective or damaged equipment to Director of Worship.
1. Attend training seminars and sessions as required to improve your skills as a sound technician. Familiarize yourself with the various operating manuals for the churches sound equipment. Study and understand the manual on church sound located in the sound room.
2. Learn break down and set up for sanctuary and portable sound equipment.
3. Participate in sound related outreach events.
4. Be aware of media equipment policies and check out procedures.
5. If unable to attend a scheduled service, notify the Director of Worship.