This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Baptist Church of Davis
Davis, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/28/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
FBC-Davis, situated in the beautiful university town of Davis, CA, is presently looking for someone to serve as our next Worship Ministries leader. Who are we looking for? First and foremost, we are searching for the leader whom God has chosen for us. Towards that end our search team, staff, elders, and church family are praying hard that our good God would lead us to just the right person. We have great confidence that God is going to provide and we are excited to see who that leader will be! In our view, the ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
1. A vibrant and mature spiritual life (in short, a leader who practices the spiritual disciplines and who is genuinely set ablaze by his/her relationship with Christ).
2. A dynamic leadership presence on the platform but that is not ostentatious or performance oriented.
3. A gracious personality that can work harmoniously with our senior pastor, ministry staff, and key lay leaders.
4. A very strong vocalist who can sing on-key and in a contemporary style.
5. A strong guitarist or pianist who has excellent knowledge of “all things music” (i.e., traditional hymns, contemporary songs, audio/visual equipment, band dynamics).
6. The ability and vision for creating beautifully and creatively constructed worship services that effectively facilitate the worship of congregants of all ages.
7. Some formal Bible/theological training.
8. A gifted shepherd who can bond with and care for the spiritual health of FBC-Davis’ ministry team.
9. The ability to produce seasonal events.
10. The ability to lead an adult and children’s choir.
If you think you might be God’s person for this important role in our church, you can apply by emailing Dan Seitz firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, DVD or youtube link of you leading worship, and a brief cover letter.