This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Children's Minister
Fairfax Church of Christ
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 08/23/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Church of Christ
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Fairfax Church of Christ is a culturally diverse congregation with members from throughout the United States and the World. Our commitment and devotion to God bring richness to this diversity that can be seen and heard as you walk our hallways, visit bible classes, and witness our people demonstrate God’s love to one another and to the community in which we live. Fairfax draws members from multiple counties in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
Our children’s ministry is comprised of just over 300 children with ages ranging from birth through 6th grade. These children come from families that live in Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C. Because of the nature of work in the region, our church hosts many transient families that are usually in their positions for a three or four-year assignment. But there are also several families who are natives of the area and have lived here their entire lives.
The Associate Children’s Minister is responsible to:
• Work with the Children’s Ministry at FXCC to carry out our vision, goals, and objectives in the area of Children’s Ministry.
• Act as a primary point of contact for parents, children, and congregation members.
• A more detailed job description will become available to those who express interest in candidacy.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
Our vision of an ideal associate children’s minister is someone who is a good communicator, a good teacher, a friend, and a person with a passion for children’s ministry. We are also looking for someone who is able to expand our spiritual knowledge and maturity and desires to further their education while gaining valuable experience in ministry. Other important qualities include:
• Some experience (through internships, etc.) in Children’s Ministry
• Ability to connect with parents and all age children
• A good planner/organizer
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development, Elementary Education, or Children & Family Ministry (with the desire to go into full-time Children’s Ministry).
• Church of Christ background
This full-time position includes a competitive salary and benefits.