Galloway Church,a growing and vibrant congregation seeks a passionate Youth Pastor to develop, oversee and coordinate the various youth ministries of the Galloway United Methodist Church so that youth may be drawn to Jesus Christ and become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. This person will interface with the youth, their parents, a team of youth leaders and will be the ministries pastor and leader.
# Led by the Holy Spirit
# Strong Bible knowledge
# Passionate love for Jesus Christ and a desire to lead youth to Jesus Christ
# Good administrative and management skills
# Strong team-builder that can recruit, build, lead and motivate volunteer ministry teams
# Proven leadership and people skills
# Ability to connect with and communicate with youth
# High energy level
# Committed to personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle
# Ability to work under the authority of the Lead Pastor and church vision
Education & Experience
# Desirable: Bachelor or seminary degree
# Necessary: Experience in growing a youth ministry.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
1. Develop the vision and goals and then evaluate long and short-range goals for the Youth Ministry in accordance with the overall Galloway vision.
2. Recruit a volunteer staff to work in the student ministry
-- To develop the expected responsibilities of volunteer team members. To spend individual time with each team member in interpreting these responsibilities.
-- To be responsible for training, evaluating, and ministering to the team.
3. Arrange for all youth ministry administrative functions including budgeting, communications, etc...
4. Care for the spiritual needs of all the students and the volunteers associated with the youth ministry
5. Oversee all activities and programs associated with the Youth Ministry, specifically: Sunday school, RUSH, retreats, summer programs, outreach ministry, missions focus, counseling of students, and youth small groups/Bible studies.
6. Communicate regularly with the leadership of the local school districts and other youth ministry leaders.
7. Remain professionally current on youth ministry, including reading, studying, consulting, and training. To make pastoral and professional growth a priority relating for spiritual and practicing spiritual discipline.
8. Develop personal relationships, with both the youth and their parents that will culminate in the ultimate goal of winning them to Christ and leading them to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
9. Teach and communicate God’s Word to the youth in a manner that will result in their spiritual growth. Preaching during worship services as scheduled by the Lead Pastor.
10. Be a self-starter in the creation and development of interesting and creative youth programs that will attract and reach young people. These activities need to be socially stimulating and spiritually focused so as to bring the gospel to them. They need to result in helping teenagers to become disciples of Jesus Christ
11. Have a major influence on the youth, shape lives, build Christian character, and help them develop a regular life-long devotional routine.
12. Attend all staff meetings, Ministry Council Meetings and other ministry meetings as required.
13. Other ministry and administrative duties that the Lead Pastor assigns.
Additional Responsibilities (the + of the position)
The Youth Pastor position will be 2/3 time and the remainder 1/3 time will focus on an area of ministry that will be clearly defined by the candidate (to match the candidates strengths and interests) and the Lead Pastor. One ministry area will be added to the job description. Ministries under consideration that presently need staff leadership:
+ Outreach - extending the love of Jesus Christ into the community,or
+ Worship - developing the music and worship ministries at Galloway., or
+ Assimilation/Discipleship - helping the seeker to become a fully-devoted follower of Jesus Christ..
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Pastor Of Junior High FamiliesCrossRoads Church
- Red Deer County, Alberta
- October 19
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Galloway Church,a growing and vibrant congregatiion has grown from a small church to one with a regional impact. The Sunday Worship attendance runs between 350-380. They are blessed with a beautiful, expansive facility which includes a new worship center, innovative youth and children’s ministry rooms, multifunction gym space, life class education wing and room to grow. They are known in the community as an active and growing church with a vibrant children’s ministry. The church has a heart for community outreach and a desire to do ministry in More...