This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hillcrest Blue Valley Covenant Church
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 08/19/2009
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Hillcrest Covenant Church is a community of Christ-followers intent on bringing honor and glory to God our Father. Hillcrest has impacted the Prairie Village community for over 40 years. The Blue Valley campus was established to replicate the DNA of Hillcrest and to amplify the outreach gene. We are searching for a Campus Pastor to lead the Blue Valley campus.
* Leadership: Must be a leader who completely supports the Hillcrest mission “to know Christ and to make him known.” Works in partnership with the council, pastoral team and staff. Establishes a vision and strategic direction for the Blue Valley campus. Acts as the catalyst for new initiatives.
* Campus Point Person: Will provide coordination and presence as the focal staff member at the Blue Valley campus: “the face with the place.” Is present and visible at campus services to lead, encourage, and problem solve. Oversees and assists in the welcoming and assimilation of people at the campus. If so gifted, preaches occasionally during the year.
* Team Builder: Identifies, recruits and develops leaders and volunteers, enabling them to reproduce additional leaders.
* Shepherding: Helps meet the care needs of his/her growing congregation. Work closely with the Congregational Care ministry team to care for the needs of the campus.
* Ministry Integration and Communication: Integrates individual ministry programs and initiatives by working closely with other Hillcrest pastoral staff and ministry teams. Hillcrest ministry teams include: Adult, Children’s, Community Outreach, Congregational Care, Missions, Prayer, Students, and Worship and Arts, Ensures staffing, facilities, and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned with other ministries to best meet the campus needs.
* Community Outreach and Evangelism: Promotes an open community feeling for those seeking a “church experience.” Keeps a presence in the community where the campus is located. Learns the people, issues, needs, concerns, history, and demographics of the community. Encourage the participation and involvement of others throughout the broader community surrounding the BV campus.
* Fully devoted to following Jesus in everything they do. A person of character with a thorough knowledge of scriptures.
* Passion for people who are far from God.
* A strong leader who is capable of casting vision and seeing it through to completion.
* A team player with strong relational skills who is friendly and approachable.
* Strong communicator with the communication skills necessary to inspire others and communicate goals. Patient listener.
* A pastor with the desire and heart to shepherd groups and individuals.
* Cares for the spiritual, emotional and familial health of campus staff, congregation and community.
* An experienced team builder.
* Good organizational and time management skills.
* Flexibility in an ever-changing ministry environment, and the ability to think creatively. Can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
* 5-10 years relevant ministry experience.
* Previous experience supervising staff and volunteers
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* Theological training desirable.
Paid Time off, Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance
Flexible but does include Sundays
Please submit resumes to email@example.com