This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Stevens Creek Church
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 08/19/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Church of God -- Cleveland
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Stevens Creek Church is a seeker-sensitive, Spirit-filled church in Augusta, GA of around 2000 in attendance. The Creek is a part of the Church of God (Cleveland, TN), the Willow Creek Association & the Association of Related Churches (www.relatedchurches.org). We are a fairly edgy church in style and are very aggressive in connecting unchurched people. This September we will be launching our 2nd campus with plans to continue a rapid pace of growth this year.
What we are searching for is a Director of Student Ministries. Our student ministries currently have around 150 students in attendance. This position would lead a staff of 1 full-time, 1 part-time & 1 paid intern. This staff member would report directly to the Executive Pastor.
Here are some things that we are looking for in this individual. If you don't embody these traits, please keep searching for your ministry home.
- Passionate for the unchurched, dechurched & just plain lost!
- Passionate about leadership.
- A movement maker. We don't just need someone who "love students". We need someone who creates movement.
- A SHARP individual. Well spoken, self-aware.
- Culturally aware. Needs to be engaged in the culture in terms of social networks, style and life.
- An effective communicator.
- Experience. Ideally, we are looking for around 2-5 yrs in churches from 200-500.
- Educated. College degree is preferred. If not, we would like to see other forms of education.
- Self motivated, self starter, a finisher.
If you feel prompted, please do the following before submitting a resume: log on to www.stevenscreekchurch.com, watch a service to see if you connect with our style.
Please submit resumes via email ONLY. Phone calls will eliminate you from candidacy. When you apply please submit the following:
- Facebook, Blog, Website and/or Twitter links
- YouTube and/or Vimeo links
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org