Title: Director of Student Ministries
Type: Full Time or Part Time
Peoples Evangelical Free Church
500 W. Main Street
Pinckney, MI 48169
Phone: 734 878-3407
Contact e-mail for position: email@example.com
Church email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Average Attendance: 325
Denomination: Evangelical Free Church of America – www.efca.org
The Director of Student Ministries (grades 7-12) is a full time or part time, paid staff position that reports
to the Senior Pastor. This individual will identify the needs of students and provide programs that encourage spiritual growth and accomplish the vision of Peoples Church. The Director of Student Ministries will recruit and train leaders for both the Jr. High and High School programs ensuring each has proper leadership. This individual will foster healthy community within the ministry ensuring a spirit of team work and cooperation. In addition to directing Jr. High and High School ministries (grades 7-12), this person will provide administrative oversight to Children’s Ministries (birth to 6th grade).
1. Develop a ministry that meets students at their point of need and moves them forward in spiritual growth (e.g. Reach, Connect, Grow, Serve, Honor).
2. Plan, develop and implement programs/activities (e.g. groups, retreats, mission trips, connecting activities) that support #1 and the vision of the church.
3. Take responsibility for professional development through personal study, by attending events and networking with other youth leaders in the community.
4. Recruit, train and mentor a volunteer Student Ministries staff.
5. Meet regularly with Student Ministries staff to pray, promote community, encourage, discuss strategic initiatives, problem solve, share successes and provide leadership training.
6. Provide spiritual direction to teens on an individual basis when necessary (e.g. hospitalized, at-risk teens).
7. Facilitate ministry opportunities for students including outreach events and servant evangelism.
8. Regularly evaluate and report to church leadership on the effectiveness of existing student ministry programs.
9. Oversee administrative aspects of all youth ministries (birth to grade 12).
a. Responsible for oversight and staffing of Children's Ministry Director, AWANA Commander, Nursery Toddler Director.
b. Responsible for oversight, staffing and programming of student ministries (i.e. Truth Seekers, Fusion, Edge and X.)
c. Work with youth staff to establish yearly and long term goals.
d. Ensure youth ministry budgets are created and expenditures tracked throughout the year.
e. Provide reports for the quarterly business meetings and other reports as requested by the Sr. Pastor and/or the Elders.
f. Meet regularly with the Administrative Assistant and provide timely information for administrative support and evaluation.
1. Has an authentic, committed relationship with Jesus Christ and is, or will become, a member of Peoples Church.
2. Possesses a Bachelors degree (preferably in youth ministry) and is moving toward licensing and/or ordination by the EFCA.
3. Has demonstrated success as a teen ministry leader for a minimum of three (3) years.
4. Has the ability to identify and recruit individuals to serve in all areas and levels of related ministry.
5. Is able to plan and organize a team, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate problem solving skills.
6. Possesses leadership and team building skills with the ability to resolve interpersonal conflict according to Biblical principles.
7. Has experience working with computers and is proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
8. Must pass a criminal background check.
Our vision at Peoples Church is to be a healthy Christian community that God uses to draw people to faith and full maturity in Christ. We live out this vision through the three “B’s” of community: Belonging, Becoming, and Building. We hope you will find here a place: to belong and be loved by God and others, to become more like the Jesus we follow, and to build relationships of love and service to others.
Core Values (that drive the vision):
Healthy Christian Community –To unite believers in spirit and purpose, while forming a community where each person gives and receives Christ-like love. (1 John 1:7, Acts 4:32, Eph 4:4, Romans 12:15-16)
Prayer & Worship – To create environments where believers acknowledge God the Father, Son and Spirit and are encouraged to authentically respond to Him. (Matt. 4:10, 28:18-20, John 4:19-21, 1 Peter 2:5-9, Romans 12:1-2)
Outreach – To reach out to non-Christians with Christ-like love in ways that meet their needs and draw them to Christ. (Matt. 9:9-13, 28:18-20, Mark 12:28, 19:45, 1 Cor. 9:19-23, John 4)
Discipleship – To ensure that every believer is being transformed by God through obedience to God’s word, accountable relationships, and serving in a Christ-like manner. (Matt. 18:15-17, Acts 2:42-47, Heb. 10:24-25, James1:1-4)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Student PastorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Youth PastorCalvary Chapel Petaluma
- Petaluma, California
- January 13
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13
Peoples is a healthy, contemporary, growing church. We are impacting our community in practical and relevant ways as our mission is to help people discover and thrive in the hope of Christ – together. We are known for our acts of service and compassion in the community.More...